Imaginative Journey's assessment (1 Viewer)

username

HSC
We have to choose three texts and then compile a portfolio. Then choose one of those texts and write and essay on imaginative journeys coinciding with the tempest and one text from the bos booklet.

As a film i chose the Labyrinth

As a novel i chose Fight Club

And i need one more, i dont no what to do. Any suggestions, maybe a poem of some sort. Help...

Aussiechick

HSC
I have an assessment task similar to that, I have to pick three related texts and analyse them, then link them back to the prescribed text - Coleridge.

I'm doing an episode of Charmed, Chicago the movie, and a beatrix potter story - havent decided which one yet. I dont know how I'm going to relate them back to Colleridge yet, so far we've only done the Rime of the Ancient Mariner

zelda

Originally posted by Aussiechick
I have an assessment task similar to that, I have to pick three related texts and analyse them, then link them back to the prescribed text - Coleridge.

exactly the same, cept i hav to pick two related texts and the third one is like a combined one including coleridge and one of the texts from the stim book.

would anyone kno if "The Hobbit" by JRR Tolkien is an imaginative journey novel?
For movie, im thinking of doing lord of the rings probably.

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
hehe u guys are lucky. at our school we have to pick 5 texts from the stimulus booklet and analyse plus another 5 of our choosing, focusing on imaginative journeys. so it looks like 15 pages of writing :(

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
we have to do all 7 texts and anaylse them and we also have to do heaps of questions on Enders Game.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
username- can you use one from the booklet? l'd advise The Road not Taken....great poem.

KarmaKitten

HSC
Heh, our assesment seems so much easier after reading all of yours. Choose ONE Coleridge poem and ONE text from the stimulus booklet and discuss [Speech] how it relates to the area of study, what the relationship between the two are, how texts are valued. etc its an okay question i suppose

Aussiechick

HSC
I have another assessment task now, We have to tell the story of a journey you have taken or dream of taking and relate this in some way to your prescribed text. Its in speech form, from 3-4mins with a 30sec margain.

Not sure what I'm going to do for this, what sorts of journeys can I have had that are imaginative?

The Bograt

boredofuni
HSC
zelda, The Hobbit is a perfect example of an imaginative journey. It may seem like a physical journey for Bilbo but for us we take an imaginative journey into the world of Middle Earth and the adventure of Bilbo Baggins. LOTR is also a similar example.

zelda

hmm 1 more question.. wot would be a good heading for imaginative journeys for a feature article which include texts we've studied...has to be a rather attractive heading.. ne ideas? :)

Scatterbrain

ours is an in-class feature article. We have to write about a text of our choice and in an "imaginative, eloquent, engaging" way, discuss how it relates to the concept of journey.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by Scatterbrain
ours is an in-class feature article. We have to write about a text of our choice and in an "imaginative, eloquent, engaging" way, discuss how it relates to the concept of journey.
do you go to fort street? :p

i'm doing that in any case... i think, my friend still has my sheet in her bag! i'll either do the wizard of oz or alice in wonderland, cuz they're both imaginative, so... yeah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)