Imaginative Journeys Essay (1 Viewer)

Kutay

University
HSC
Can anyone care to have a look at ti and tell me any recommendations ? maybe a mark ?

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
generally a bad idea to do a poem from the stimulus booklet when your doing coleridge.
need to show understanding of different text types...

SmileyCam

HSC
PoP 'n' Fresh said:
generally a bad idea to do a poem from the stimulus booklet when your doing coleridge.
need to show understanding of different text types...
and the markers won't like to mark another "Alice in Wonderland" essay, couldn't you find anything more original, I'm doing "A Grand Day Out" (Wallace and Gromit)
And if you can write that much in 40min, congrats at doing 2 related texts

Last edited:

Kutay

University
HSC
WE are told that we have to do at least 2 colerige poems, two related text and 1 from booklet

why are we only meant to do 2 poems, 1 related text and stimulus ?

Also so you think it is 2 long? i know it is i cant write that much in 4o mins it takes me about 55 mins to do it. however my creative pience is only short and yeh takes me prob bout 20 to 25 mins
si it sorta even outs a bit in a way

Last edited:

exa_boi87

aka biomic
HSC
Just ensure you're not compromising on the quality of the creative piece, bearing in mind that in the end, Section 2 and 3 are equally weighed in marks.

I do like your introduction, and the thesis seems to be sustained throughout the essay. Id probably reconsider the final line/section, as I realise you're trying to answer the question, but if theres something I've learnt through practice essays is the importance of synthesis. Try and incorporate that general theme of "broadening" throughout the conclusion rather than stating it right at the end.

Besides that, others have mentioned the use of that poem. I myself am doing the same one in conjunction with Coleridge and feel that if your argument is strong enough and succinctly supported with that text, then theres no real concern.

Kutay

University
HSC
Thankyou :) yeh but my creative piece is pretty nice :D well 500 words about and solid i feel so, now just got to work on apst section 1's,

Has anyone got any past pappers for section 1 i want to practice cause the 2004 one had copyright all on the pictures so i cant practice...? anyone hace the 2004 a.o.s paper, or any trial ones that i can use to practice as i need help in this section

Thankyou in advance Kutay

sarahxx

zapmaa
HSC
ok, id give it 13 out of 15
firstly i noticed that your misusing the word transcend. Its not being used in the right context. Find a more appropriate word.
More on Coleridge needed, as he is your core text. Also, with Leunig, more on the visuals - is this one of his works with his famous Mr Curly character? Mr Curly is the epitome of innocence, an 'Everyman figure'

JeremiD

jem182
HSC
I'd give this an 11-12/15
I don't think your really understanding the concept of a journey, the journey is how it reflects on the composer and how context (there contemporary audience) is used in providing a vehicle to express their ideas.
You seem to be writing out a summary of each poem and their is no in depth personal engagement and understanding of the how the journey has reflected on the composer. You need to understand the man, nature and god trilogy, how this has allowed him to find spiritual enlightenment in both poems and also a sense of ease at his sons future as he ensured that his son will be taught by the "great universal teacher" (god) in Frost at midnight.
Also try putting it in a formulated order, coleridge-stimulus booklet- supplementary and to finish coleridge poem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)