Imaginative Journeys - Urgent! (1 Viewer)

teegsb

HSC
I don't quite understand this - how does I.J. help move us to another place?

I thought about it and it can be taken in a number of ways.

If anyone knows the right way I would appreciate it!

hannahxxx

HSC
Mate I find it quite amusing that you're an english student and you're looking for a "right" answer. 'Course it's going to b subjective.

How does I.J. help move us to another place? Possible suggestions:
- metaphysically (makes our thoughts transcend to another realm)
- emotionally (character growth, maturation)
- intellectually( a pedagogical experience-lessens our ignorance)

Things to note:
- imag, inner and physical journeys are obviously going to have characteristics that blend ( don't be naive like so many people on these threads and try to compartmentalise each of them- they were designed to have similar characteristics)
- don't take essay questions on journeys too seriously (you'll bog youself down). I remember a past hsc question was something like " In relation to the concept of the imaginative journey, how has studying Colleridge's work changed your perception of the yourself, others and the world around you." These kinds of questions are incredibly deep, philosophical and absolutist. For me, Coleridge's poems didn't deal with problems that I (personally) faced in everyday life, nor did they change my perception of the world. So obviously I had to make it up. Having seen that question for the first time, I'm confident that the rest of NSW would have had to as well. There really isn't enough time to be genuine. You just have to make it sound convincing.
Hope that helps

teegsb

HSC
hannahxxx said:
Mate I find it quite amusing that you're an english student and you're looking for a "right" answer. 'Course it's going to b subjective.

How does I.J. help move us to another place? Possible suggestions:
- metaphysically (makes our thoughts transcend to another realm)
- emotionally (character growth, maturation)
- intellectually( a pedagogical experience-lessens our ignorance)

Things to note:
- imag, inner and physical journeys are obviously going to have characteristics that blend ( don't be naive like so many people on these threads and try to compartmentalise each of them- they were designed to have similar characteristics)
- don't take essay questions on journeys too seriously (you'll bog youself down). I remember a past hsc question was something like " In relation to the concept of the imaginative journey, how has studying Colleridge's work changed your perception of the yourself, others and the world around you." These kinds of questions are incredibly deep, philosophical and absolutist. For me, Coleridge's poems didn't deal with problems that I (personally) faced in everyday life, nor did they change my perception of the world. So obviously I had to make it up. Having seen that question for the first time, I'm confident that the rest of NSW would have had to as well. There really isn't enough time to be genuine. You just have to make it sound convincing.
Hope that helps

Haha, yes that does help, and thankyou. =) With my English teacher its as though anything I think of isn't right thats why I go looking for the "right" answers. I am similar to you, I saw that question once and was asked to answer it and I said - but I didn't learn anything from him! He doesn't relate to me. So, like you, I made it up.

Thanks heaps again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)