Imaginative journeys (1 Viewer)

Mr Integrity

HSC
"From Composer's Vision to Responder's mind - How the imagination is the path that li

"From Composer's Vision to Responder's mind - How the imagination is the path that links the two"
This is the title of an address i have to give as part of an assessment task for Advanced english.
Its a speech, presentation and i have to produce a poster which has the 3 texts ive chosen displayed.
Please i really need some assistance for explaining or elaborating from that title above, i really dont understand it much. If any one can assist where possible please do so, much appreciated!!!!!

Last edited:

nigerian

HSC
An individuals journey through life is made up of physical, emotional and intellectual challenges that lead to self discovery. also known as the realisation!!!!:wave:

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Re: "From Composer's Vision to Responder's mind - How the imagination is the path that li

Mr Integrity said:
"From Composer's Vision to Responder's mind - How the imagination is the path that links the two"
This is the title of an address i have to give as part of an assessment task for Advanced english.
Its a speech, presentation and i have to produce a poster which has the 3 texts ive chosen displayed.
Please i really need some assistance for explaining or elaborating from that title above, i really dont understand it much. If any one can assist where possible please do so, much appreciated!!!!!
Well the question is focusing upon how imagination is the medium that allows intangible ideas to reach its intended destination (tangible realm of the human psyche).

So, i would probably include some ideas on how the imaginative potential of the learning gained from journeying allows art (ie the composer's vision) to impact upon reality (ie the responder's mind). In turn this dynamic equilibrium functions to demonstrate the complexity of the continuous journeying process.

(I've integrated ideas of both the 'learning' in journeys and the 'process'. All HSC questions in the past have looked at either one or the other - ie "unexpected destinations" of the 07 HSC Imaginative journey question - so it's one of the most compatible interpretations to take).

Mr Integrity

HSC
Alright, thanks a lot mate, really appreciate it. I understand what your saying about how imaginative journeys are the method for composers to get their "iintangible ideas" across to the responders mind. But my teacher also mentioned that its all about the responder's frame of reference, or personal upbringing.

I'm trying to come up with a killer thesis statement using what you told me, to blow the competition away. Sp please, any suggestions dont be shy. I'm thinking that[FONT=&quot] By journeying into the imagination is to surpass reality’s constrictions and travel into a place of limitless possibility. This is the way that composer's illustrate their vision through the imaginative journey in order to cross paths withe the responders mind.

lol I just made that up on the spot, because i havent actually started as yet, so please let me know what you think and make any adjustments if you desire.
[/FONT]

o0-Prodigy-0o

HSC
from my understanding of that question, your teacher wants you to talk both in and through the texts and convey both your understanding and the composers purpose of creating such a text. A thesis statement could glide around the areas of challenge ones assumptions, suspending disbelief, broaden understanding, etc.

hope i could be of any assistance.

btw a great example would be I Robot or bridge to terabithia (not sure if that's the write spelling).

<<<Prodigy>>>

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)