Imaginative Story (1 Viewer)

katie01peace

HSC
Hey y'all,
Does anyone have any imaginative stories that i could read or get some ideas off?
I am having so much trouble!
My teacher ripped up my other story i wrote = low self esteem when it comes to creative writing!
Thanks muchly :)

rachael.mcgee

HSC
hmmm... dyou mean like, ones that we've written? or just random stories? yeah i'm not going too well with my creative writing either. i wanna plan a story before the exam (bloody half yearlies are tomorrow!!!) but i've been trying to work out a good one all arvo. good luck!!

Loza33

HSC
i love creative stories!! I put up with english essays just for the creative bits... haha my teachers role their eyes and sigh at my creative pieces coz they get pretty out there.... just 'think outside the square'

Find your best text form - whether it be a short story, or a poem, or a diary entry - what can YOU do best?

look/read the stimulus - what pops into your head? How does it relate to journeys? What can you change to make it relate more to journeys? After you have got that, change a view essentials - such as location, transport - say froma car to a pig, kind of thing to stop it being too generic and go crazy!!

If you let yourself wrrite whatever comes into your head, it will be awesome!

Plus my advice, dont try to plan it... it might not fit.. you might try to make it fit and end up not answering the question, or ruining the text in the process.. or completely scraping it and having wasted time palnning it beforehand... prepare for the essay.. let the creative piece be jsut that; creative!

cl3nta

HSC
Loz has some good tips. I'd also add that plan a few good plot lines that have journey permeating your medium. Then the aim is to adapt the stimulus throughout, maybe even make it a theme? But yeh goodluck:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)