Imagine a helmet strapped on a human skull— forever (1 Viewer)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Yeah nice going, just totally ignore external social costs like healthcare expenses (possibly borne by the taxpayer)
That's a problem with Australia's healthcare system, not helmet regulation

loss of productivity due to your injury/death
People have no obligation to be productive.

and reduction of family and friends quality of life due to grief over the accident thanks to your foolhardy actions.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

so we should pass legislation that pevents people from upsetting their friends and family?

Let's ban alcohol while we're at it, because people develop alcohol problems and upset their family. Let's smoking because people die and upset their families.

Do you honestly not see what is wrong with your thinking here?

You clearly have no empathy whatsoever, and disregard the impact of you being a total dumb fuck and not wearing a helmet on those who you associate with.
This is not "It's okay to hurt people you like", it's "the government shouldn't have the right to stop me from engaging in behaviour that doesn't encroach upon the safety or rights of others"
Seriously, unless you're putting other people at risk of physical harm or violating their freedom, then you should have every right to be a "total dumb fuck". hence, drink driving should be illegal, un-helmeted cycling should not.
Or perhaps you have no friends at all, instead choosing to whittle away your life on the internet whining about the evil weevil government.
you seem to spend an equal amount of time posting about your love affair with government.

Definite neg rep earned for your efforts there, chum.
haha, same to you retard, and guess what, mine's bigger.

murphyad

HSC
Oh christ, not you again.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I'm getting the feeling that this sort of thing must be necessary for your self-esteem or something, and I'm glad that the technique is clearly working out so well for you.

so we should pass legislation that pevents people from upsetting their friends and family?

Let's ban alcohol while we're at it, because people develop alcohol problems and upset their family. Let's smoking because people die and upset their families.

Do you honestly not see what is wrong with your thinking here?
Once again, and as befits your libertarian ilk, you fail to see in anything other than black and white. (Preventable) Bicycling accidents/deaths create community expectation for governments to regulate the field. But this is not the real issue, because the type of regulation itself is also important.

The other analogies that you give are dumb as fucking hell. This is because they involve more nuanced degrees of regulation than do bike helmets. So let's not ban alcohol altogether, because different amounts of alcohol have different effects on different people at different quantities. Ditto smoking, to a lesser degree. Through your use of these examples, I can only assume that, for you, half a bike helmet would be an acceptable compromise. Except you can't compromise when it comes to regulation, because you're a libertarian, and a fucking thick one at that.

This is not "It's okay to hurt people you like", it's "the government shouldn't have the right to stop me from engaging in behaviour that doesn't encroach upon the safety or rights of others"
Seriously, unless you're putting other people at risk of physical harm or violating their freedom, then you should have every right to be a "total dumb fuck". hence, drink driving should be illegal, un-helmeted cycling should not.
I've heard this rant-tacular material before. But you hear this. Preventable accidents on the road create nothing but suffering and unhappiness throughout the community. They are good for no-one, and that includes the simpleton not wearing the helmet. Doesn't it make sense to limit this kind of detrimental behaviour? Yes, yes it does. Just like limitations are placed on alcohol consumption and smoking. The difference is that you can either wear a bike helmet, or not, so that's how the regulation has to go.

Do you understand now?

haha, same to you retard, and guess what, mine's bigger.
Clearly you are trying to make up for deficiencies in other departments, kiddo.

I hope you have an even nicer day than will TacoTerrorist.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
Murphyad, stop being a patronizing wanker. This issue is a matter of opinion and not of fact. You simply believe that the state should have the power to regulate human life. So be it then you bigoted statist.

Also who are you calling kiddo? You just finished high school. You know nothing of real life.

I can understand the reasoning behind enforcing the wearing of helmets, everybody can. The question is do they (the self serving corporate pigs in government) have the right to make me wear one? No.

Do you understand now?

Last edited:

BlackDragon

HSC
Also who are you calling kiddo? You just finished high school. You know nothing of real life.
I'm not commenting on your argument here, but this statement is just silly. Being out of school for two years doesn't do much for either your life experience or your ability to talk about issues of political philosophy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)