Imagined Corners Problem. (1 Viewer)

YannY

HSC
Hey, i have problem with my teacher - she and i disagrees on the interpretation of a peom in imagined corners; Worried over the days past. I say its about communism and she says its about love. I have seen somewhere here before a work of Worried over the days past(by some other student.) with my interpretation but i cannot find it again. If anyone knows where i can, please do tell me.

Dearly Appreciated.

DekarTyphon

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, you're wrong. The poem has very little to do with the war at hand, you know, considering Quynh wasn't in it, and seemingly has no strong opinions about it. Or if she does, she has kept them quiite well hidden. Moreover, how the hell did you manage to disregard the love aspect? Taken from the description of Quynh in the book:

"Most modern Vietnamese poetry draws its subject matter from the turbulent and tragic war years: the fight to cast off the colonial power, France, in the post-World War II years, the struggle between North and South Vietnam and the conflict with the USA. In contrast, much of Xuan Quynh's writing turns aside from the struggle and deals with personal themes."

Is this thread over yet?

icklesdickles

HSC
DekarTyphon said:
Yeah, you're wrong. The poem has very little to do with the war at hand, you know, considering Quynh wasn't in it, and seemingly has no strong opinions about it. Or if she does, she has kept them quiite well hidden. Moreover, how the hell did you manage to disregard the love aspect? Taken from the description of Quynh in the book:

"Most modern Vietnamese poetry draws its subject matter from the turbulent and tragic war years: the fight to cast off the colonial power, France, in the post-World War II years, the struggle between North and South Vietnam and the conflict with the USA. In contrast, much of Xuan Quynh's writing turns aside from the struggle and deals with personal themes."

Is this thread over yet?
lol connor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)