IMF- influence for Australia? (1 Viewer)

nono

HSC
N/A
We got this question for the trial:

"Discuss the role and influence of international organisations, contemporary trading blocs and trading agreements in the global economy for Australia."

Apparently it came up in a few trial papers according to my teacher- maybe it's a sign?

Anyway, was wondering what the role and influence of the IMF and World Bank is on Australia. My initial thoughts are "not much" because they usually help out developing economies or economies in crises.

What would you guys write?

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
international organisations deserve the mention of the IMF and WB but they do nothing in the way of Australia. You could discuss IF Australia's CAD plunges our economy into an economic crisis, the help the IMF could offer. For this question you'd be looking at the WTO, G8 in terms of dictating monetary policy and exclusive trade agreements such as the one recently established between the U.S and Australia. There is more than enough information within these other factors that you could develop a long response around, but yes I do see your point. You can't say much from these aspects.

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
i did this question in my trials (CSSA 05) and in it i discussed the WTO, IMF and WB for the international organisations bit, trading blocs such as the EU and for trading agreements i discussed CERTA, AUSFTA and the proposals with China.

Haku

hope a question like that don't come up in the hsc though.

nono

HSC
N/A
I have a feeling it might- it hasn't turned up in the new HSC yet...

pete_mate

HSC
our trial question was the same except with reference to the global economy

this would make it much easier to talk about

HSC
N/A
wto: increased access to global markets, reduced tariffs in exports to o/s markets, corresondingly we've had to reduce our tariff levels as well...

Cityboy

HSC
IMF only has impact to AUstralia as AUstralia has funds stored with the IMF, but other than this the IMF will not in the foreseeable future intervene in the AUstralian economy.

As we are not a developing economy the World BAnk has nothing to do with us.

Jexi

HSC
IMF does give Australia that report (forgot the name) which analyses the Australian Economy everyyear and also gives us a structural adjustment policy thing. And a lot of investors look at what IMF have to say about a country. So I s'ppose in that sense, it does affect the Australian Economy in that way.

But that's still not enough to write an essay on o_O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)