Importance of trials (1 Viewer)

jebemti

HSC
hi guys

basically i have just started my trial exams and have completed my maths and english exams and i am not sure how much value the trails have for your overall UAI mark. For example leading up to the trials i am ranked in the top 10 for everyone of my subjects (2u maths,adv eng, ipt,chem,bio and PD) what happens if i do not go well in the trials..can it affect my UAI mark dramatically or can the actual hsc fix it up,,,pretty much im confused and sorta do not understand how all this works and how your UAI is given.

The reason why im ranked so highly is because for every assessment so far ive been able to study for that one subject for 1-2 weeks and know the content however for these trials i havnt studied a whole lot and im really paranoid, as i said i jst finished my maths and eng and i think that i went horribly and i dnt want to study for my other subjects lol cause i feel like shit.

Can somebody give me any advice about my queries
all help is appreciated

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Your trials 'usually' count for about 40% of your internal assessment within the school. And your overall school mark will count for 50% of your HSC.

So the basic answer is yes the trials could have a major impact on your UAI, but that really depends on how much your trials were worth and how well/unwell you did in them.

Being ranked well for the rest of your assessments definitely helps, but ultimately what is important is your overall rank that includes 'all' of your school assessments, not just the trials. If you think you are ranked well overall you shouldn't have too much to worry about.

As a tip, in the worst scenario, if you did really bad in maths and english (as you said), you still have your other subjects to help make up for your loss. I urge you not to give up on your other subjects, you are already too far into the HSC to just say 'screw it'.

You'd probably be surprised that you will do better than you think as long as you don't give up yet. The trials are very good 'wake-up calls' to let you know if you didn't do well in them and helps identify on your weak points in the subjects and ensure that when the HSC exam comes you will be ready.

When I did my HSC exam, I was in a similar situation, I flunked a few exams, but it was of great help knowing what areas i need to focus on. This is best if you did a trial exam paper that followed the same format as the HSC (CSSA, NEAP etc.).

Lesson is, don't give up. Understand why you didn't do well and fix it up. It's not too late.

helper

HSC
N/A
50% assessment to UAI. The value of the trial in the 50% is dependent on your school and can vary between subjects.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Most of our trials are 40% , but its a good thing for those who weren`t doing so well cos it really gives them a chance to you know , do best in these and push their ranks up.
It pushes up your rank a LOT.
I did well in a 15% weighted assessment , and shot up 24 ranks , so yeah , I`d expect 40% to be really high.

el gwapo

HSC
In my school, the English trial isn't worth as much as say Maths (40%) or French (50%)...

Asides from all the numbers, I reckon what you get in your trials is around -3 or +3 of what you'll get in your HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)