Important ATAR questions that everyone must look at . (1 Viewer)

hollaholla

HSC
okay heres a few questions...

1)Do the external marks have ANYTHING to do with the internal marks? i guess not but still confirm yes?

2)Say im ranked about HALFWAY Through in Physics MAths 2 u english adv Economics and Chemisttry....school ranked 200...and i GET 95 IN EACH OF MY EXTERNALS(approx)....would i STILL be able to hit 90+ in terms of atar?

3)IF a guy is SLIGHTLY ahead of me in internals..and i absolutely OWN him in externals....who would get the higher overall?(considering he does the exact same subs)

Much obliged.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
okay heres a few questions...

1)Do the external marks have ANYTHING to do with the internal marks? i guess not but still confirm yes?

2)Say im ranked about HALFWAY Through in Physics MAths 2 u english adv Economics and Chemisttry....school ranked 200...and i GET 95 IN EACH OF MY EXTERNALS(approx)....would i STILL be able to hit 90+ in terms of atar?

3)IF a guy is SLIGHTLY ahead of me in internals..and i absolutely OWN him in externals....who would get the higher overall?(considering he does the exact same subs)

Much obliged.
1) yes, the marks that your school sends to the BOS get moderated to reflect your schools performance in the HSC exams. So, yes external marks affect the internal mark that comes on your certificate. If there are higher external marks, the internal marks will be higher to reflect that.

2)yes, although your internal marks will be considerably lower than 95. It will be hard.

3)You will of course. If some guys just ahead of you, and you "OWN him in externals" you will get a lot higher ATAR.

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
It depends what you define "just ahead". If his 1% in front of you, yes definately. If his about 5% in front of you, I think itd be pretty hard.

hollaholla

HSC
1) yes, the marks that your school sends to the BOS get moderated to reflect your schools performance in the HSC exams. So, yes external marks affect the internal mark that comes on your certificate. If there are higher external marks, the internal marks will be higher to reflect that.

2)yes, although your internal marks will be considerably lower than 95. It will be hard.

3)You will of course. If some guys just ahead of you, and you "OWN him in externals" you will get a lot higher ATAR.
thnx plenty

extasie

HSC
Okay, that makes me feel a lot better. Cos i totally bombed trials. So, i do considerably better in the actual HSC, my rank won't be such a big deal?

hollaholla

HSC
but you cant just do BETTER .....u gotta do AWSMMM.....BETTER > BOMBED trials yes but AWSM > > > BETTER > BOMBED TRIALS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)