Important Fact. (1 Viewer)

youngminii

Banned
HSC
First off, that's only one researcher. Might even be a publicity stunt. Who knows?

Now in the event that it is true (more likely than not I suppose), who cares? If you need to do something/think about something, you need to focus on it. So what if you 'think better' if you daydream, you're not going to solve the problem at hand because you'll be thinking about the girl with the nice rack, or that time where you got shut down by your friend.
In the end: Nice but useless information.

HSC
i concur wit youngminii

if u daydream u take up time that u could b solvin that problem

shady145

Banned
HSC
did u's read the article on it? because i had a different interpreation on what it was saying compared to those above. i thought it was suggesting when daydreaming, the part of your brain which helps in problem solving is very active, making this part of your brain 'stronger' in this field. the neurons are growing (or getting 'exercise') extending the ability to problem solve at a later date.

on a different article there they also hint at daydreaming may lead to alzheimer's, but yea as youngmini said its just 1 researcher and could be a publicity stunt.

lychnobity

HSC
When I'm concentrating I get into a trance/daydream-like state, I'm not sure if that's what they're talking about.

rokkuguhyo

HSC
Nah, I don't buy it. Whenever I daydream in class, I completely block out the teacher's voice, so I wouldn't even know what the "problem" would be.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
When I daydream in class... I totally lose track of where I am. I do this all the time in chemistry because the teacher talks about everything that is relevant to the course for the first 30 minutes then the lesson starts.

The textbook is my god in all subjects... the teachers just ramble off random stuff about their weekend usually.

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
Man, that stuff gives me headaches.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Uhh.. A trance state and trance music are completely different lolol

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I know that. I was just stating that I dislike trance music. It is the same word. Different context.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)