Important Legislations for Early Australia (1 Viewer)

kelv

Ay guys these are the things i think it is important... did i miss anything?

1787- 1st Charter of Justic--Letters Patent court of Crminal Jurisdiction--Judge Advocate

1828- Australian Courts Act--Reception of ALL British law up to July 1828--English Law MUST EXPRESSELY apply to NSW

1855- NSW Government Act-- Established Constitution and Bicameral Paliarment

1865- Colonial Laws Validity Act--Colonies made their own law and court overturn irrelevant common law--Laws repungnant could be over turned by the English Paliarment (apply to all british colony)

1931--Satute of Westministers--Federally independant legislation (apply to all british colony)

1975-- Privy Council Act-- Stopped appeals from High Court to Privy Council

1986-- Australia Acts-- stopped appeals to the Privy Council--Overturned the concept of repugnancy in the Colonial Laws Validity Act

anything to add to it?

kelv

Originally posted by krayziekarnevil
I dont think that is very important is it? <-- for the HSC...?
well it depends which aspect you take...
um.. in HSC, every mark is important (in my own point of view)..
and i'm sure there'll be at least one multiple choise on these stuff...
so if you ask whether this is important... um.... i think i can only say i really want to get that mark....

sophi

1 important statute u did miss was the
Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Act 1900 (UK)
Created the Federal Constitution. Established Federal parliament, the High Court, and division of power between the State and Federal Governments.

Also the Statute of Westminster 1931 (UK) allowed that Britain could not legislate for a dominion unless asked by that dominion.
Australia did not become a dominion untill 1939 yet, Britain could still make legislation for States after this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)