IMPORTANT!!!!: NEED HELP PLEAZZZZ - urban dynamics of change (1 Viewer)

johno03

HSC
is adaptive reuse an urban dynamic of change by its self or is it apart of urban renewal

- its got me confused as i know adaptive reuse is a process of change - *example being the CSR sugar refinery at jackson's landing in Pyrmont* -

but its not in the syllabus. i was wondering others views on if i should include it as a part of urban renewal or by itself

the question is the 2007 HSC - "Critically analyse ONE urban dynamic of change operating in a country town OR suburb."

i was going to use Pyrmont as my example - its a suburb - and urban renewal/adaptive reuse/gentrification

but if both gentrification and adaptive reuse are technically - according to the syllabus - apart of urban renweal then i was going to use them as sub-processes.

anyone following - sorry if its confusing or not clear but sought of in a rush mate.

henry08

HSC
N/A
Adaptive reuse is not an urban dynamic on its own. It would be part of urban consolidation, urban renewal and perhaps gentrification.

For the urban dynamic in Pymont I would focus mainly on urban renewal, with gentrification being part of that to some extent (i.e. the apartments and bars along the harbour whose name I temporarily can't remember :))

adriana08

HSC
yep i agree..it's not an urban dynamic, it can be a process of urban renewal however.
for pyrmont i would focus on what Henry08 said above ^^ as well as the urban decay that resulted in the urban renewal and gentrification that took place..
hope that helps :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)