IMPORTANT NOTICE:Catholic Marking CRITERIA IS StuffeD!! (1 Viewer)

irmakd

Hi Guys just like to let you know that the MARKING CRITERIA FOR the CATHOLIC TRIALS are tototally STuffed. This is Why;

Do you all remember a question that asked you to draw a model of a feedback System. OK well that s how the question was phrased.

Well i did just as ths question told me to do and i drew the model, and infact i even done a example one for temperature and i defined a feedback mechanism.

Well... the marking criteria says that we ALSO have to define each component of the mechanism i.e. what receptorsa are or what a stimulis is, what are effectors Blah Blah...... TO BE ABLE TO GET FULL MARKS FOR THE QUESTION (4marks)

Thats just pathetic. I got 88 in the exam, but my teacher said if he marked it that he would have given me full marks for that question but he couldnt coz the criteira didnt allow him to. I would have got in the high 90s!!!!! :(

Now, HOW THE HELL WERE WE SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT WE HAD TO EXPLAIN EACH AND EVERY PART OF THAT MEACHANISM IF THe QUESTION ONLY ASKS TO DRAW IT (not define)???????????

THE CATHOLIC TRIALS ARE TOTALLY STUFFED! NO 1 COZ THEY CAN'T EVEN PHRASE A QUESTION PROPERLY AND 2 THEY JUST WANT US TO GO CRAP I GUESS hehe!!!!

What do u all think about this??????

KingofthieF

Same!!

omg i think sometimes the criteria is just crap...
ipt too... it asks you to name the features of a system yet to get 3 marks u need to name one and give 2 reasons this feature is needed? WTF?
2 marks for name one and give one reason!
and i only got 1 mark coz i named 4 features and no reason!!
serious... those criteria is really stuffed!!! :mad:

If that happens to me, I'm gonna argue it out till the end.
They have to be more specific in the questions--and if they're not, then the teachers should be able to do something about that!

flosh's gurl

our techer just modified the marking criteria as she thought it should be because thats what will happen in the hsc anyway. i still did shit though.:(

i want schoolys

the whole catholic trials are stupid!

i go to a public school and do the independent trials, but we get the catholic to practise and a lot of the questions aren't even on the syllabsys.
for example the question in the multiple choice on pathogens, with protazoa in roses. thats like out there.

People say that they are just like that to make the students think they will be harder, then they will be, but i reckon there retarded, not just the biology.

sarahsid

yeh.. the catholic trials really are crap. i think that schools who do them are the disadvantaged ones, coz they make them so hard, harder than the actual HSC exam in most cases and then we get a shit mark for them, meaning our overall mark gets heaps affected because trials usually make up 40% of the total internal assessment mark.
i cant wait til its all over.. ahh its starts tomorrow!

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
actually thats not true. The mark means nothing. Only the rank counts. If u were ranked, say, 10th, then in the HSC you get the 10th highest HSC mark from your school as your assessment mark, and u get your hsc mark as your hsc mark. duh!

but yeah, i think the trials are made deliberately harder.

Estelle

^ er actually what you said is not true, your assesment mark is counted, in all subjects, its just that rank is more important and your assessment mark gets adjusted with you hsc mark somehow..

but yeah we had to to do the Catholic papers at our school (even though its a public school) but i found the questions in all subjects for these to be silly, irrelevant, difficult and vague, i mean whats the point in making it like that...?

poodoorfan

well i just fgiured if they asked for a model of a feedback mechanism you'd label stuff anyway, thats what i'd do, how are they supposed to know whats what????

i really dont see a problem with that question, but thats just me, guess it depends on what your teachers done for you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)