• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Important - Please Read (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
goldendawn said:
There is a fair amount of debate about how Ancient Greek is meant to be pronounced. Marcus thinks that modern Greek - Demotiki (not the Katheravousa form), should be the guide.
Which is a problem as Evan cannot pronounce that either.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
super katie said:
Katie offers to share her treasure with the entire I-PR thread, especially Marcus and Evan
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Lemonade please!And uuuuummmmm CHOCOLATE!!
Edit: @Alan Nananananannnaaa

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
kami said:
Which is a problem as Evan cannot pronounce that either.
Marcus suggests that having a Greek background helps :p. He also suggests that Evan should think about learning modern Greek, and then applying this knowledge to ancient Greek pronounciation.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
super katie said:
Katie thought Alan could survive off her love alone :(
Marcus pronounces this cheap and sentimental....and he thinks it is absolutely fantastic.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Evan says there is too much on his table at the moment to toss in a language as well which is a fairly big undertaking in of itself. However at the moment Evan is happy with his lingual capabilities as he can in addition to what has been previously stated swear in a further 5 languages

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
kami said:
Evan says there is too much on his table at the moment to toss in a language as well which is a fairly big undertaking in of itself. However at the moment Evan is happy with his lingual capabilities as he can in addition to what has been previously stated swear in a further 5 languages

Marcus understands, and agrees that swearing is one of the first things you learn to do in a language. When Marcus was learning Chinese, he came up with some pretty repellent (but ultimately creative) swearing.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Evan suggests that Katie's affection have never been enough to bind Alan to her, as Alan has been secretly seeing her chocolate stash behind her back

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Evan wonders why and states that he is 18 at the moment.

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
Katie states that she does not know how to swear in other languages, the first thing, and indeed one of the only things she can say in chinese was "I love you". She consequently built up her vocabulary around those three words and can say

I love you
I love you too
I love you more
I love you most
I dont love you
Thankyou for loving me
My icecream is too small

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Marcus thanks Evan, and states that he is trying to get to know Evan a little better - now that he is talking a fair amount on I-PR.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Evan states that Katie is selling herself short as through mispronunciation most people turn Lady Marmalade into a song about bestiality and Evan is sure Katie knows how to do that.
Edit: In order to follow Marcus' lead Evan asks everyone on IPR what nationality they are and what age.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Lynn is now concerned that her rank as the third-eldest member of IPR is now in jeporady.

EDIT: Lynn is an aussie-born and aussie-bred asian, who turned 18 on November 17th. Lynn is now quite certain that she is not the third-eldest member of IPR at the moment. She wilts in sadness.

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Evan turned 18 in Oct however Evan likes to downplay that fact as most people make the assumption because of Evan's age that he is repeating or doing Pathways neither of which is true and Evan especially despises the snobbish looks people give him as a result of that assumption.

HSC
N/A
Lynn states firmly that Evan has proven himself to have more than average intelligence - those who have given Evan snobbish looks have missed meeting the wonderful person inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)