• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Important - Please Read (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
N/A
jhakka said:
Justin wishes Katie, Susan and Evan could have made it last night. 'Twas much fun.

"We watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." :D
Lynn wondered whether she was dying when she saw little men in red suits dancing before her eyes. She was laughing so hard she cried...

HSC
N/A
Lynn agrees. Seeing it with two beautiful greek boys (who had equally beautiful shaviness) was even more wonderful.

"Beat that!" *giggle*

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
I would like to suggest that we try first person writing on I-PR for a while, or - if we're feeling adventurous - second person:D.

HSC
N/A
Lynn is quite firmly attached to her third person narration and is extremely fearful of first-person narration being the first step towards complete and utter spaminess.

She wouldn't mind second-person narration, provided people are game enough for it... in this moment she recalls challenging Marcus to speak in second-person, way back in what is now known as the IPR Archives.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Evan concurs with Lynn - take away the trade mark third person and we will Evan is quite sure, descend into evil psychotically spammy madness rather than cutesy literary madness.

J

jhakka

You all see Justin respond to this thread. You hear him suggest that second person will be fun if it's used in combination with third person. He suggests that you think about it, though you see that he's finding a bit difficult. You figure Justin will get bored with it before long.

You notice time pass.

Justin is bored with second person. :p

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
You guys are boring, :p.
The only thing preventing this thread from degenerating is us, not third person; don't squash the spirit of change and adventure, which in fact began this thread.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
*spanks Marcus* Is that exciting enough for you now grecian? :cool:

J

jhakka

I occasionally revert to second person when I have nasty, official mod stuff to say. That mixes it up enough for me. :p

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
I'm just finding that third person is becoming boring, so I'm not going to use it for a while.

J

jhakka

Either way works for me.

We didn't even start third person consciously, anyway. I think we only held onto it to spite the people who said "Why do you keep talking in third person. You're all weird."

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Mathematical Proof that Marcus is temporarily boring
Evan is bored with first person.
Marcus uses first person.
:. Evan is bored with Marcus in all real planes until third person reccomences.:p

J

jhakka

Evan. (E)
Marcus. (M)
First person. (F)
Bored. (B)

[ F>(E&B), M>F, M/:. M>(E&B) ]

:)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
B=boring
E=Evan
M= Marcus
F=first person
given that E>(3M)2, and that E2 = 3E , MF<M that prove via mathematical induction that MF=B
Step 1: prove true for M = 1/12 E
E> (1/4E)2
E> 1/16 E2
E> 3/16 E
:. Evan is cooler than Marcus in all ways :cool: E>(3M)2
Step 2 : assume M is valid for integer MF.
E>(3MF)2
:. Evan is cooler than Marcus using first person.
Step 3: assume that there is a B in there somewhere and that the following is correct cos super cool Evan says so:
MF=B
:. Marcus employing first person is boring.:p

J

jhakka

Justin switches back to third person, because he and Lynny agree that it's a good way to keep foolish spammers out of the thread. That, and it's kinda the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)