• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Important - Please Read (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robo-andie

HSC
damnation said:
Dear Andy,

IPR does stand for 'Important Please Read'

Don't worry, I asked that the first time I was in this thread too :p

Are you doing the EE2 course this year? If so, what medium did you choose?
Woohoo. Go me.:)

No, I am unfortunately not doing EE2. I made the mistake of thinking I was better at Maths than English in yr 10 and chose ME1 instead of EE1..... and realised my mistake later on when I began failing maths and doing better in English.

sob sob.:(

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
robo-andie said:
Woohoo. Go me.:)

No, I am unfortunately not doing EE2. I made the mistake of thinking I was better at Maths than English in yr 10 and chose ME1 instead of EE1..... and realised my mistake later on when I began failing maths and doing better in English.

sob sob.:(
whispers

Come to the english side Andy, feel the literature within you...embrace it!

NB:Welcome-ness to Andy.

Also everyone else, I feel it is incumbent upon me to warn you all that there is a Katie clone wandering around Macquarie Centre in North Ryde :O

Last edited:

robo-andie

HSC
kami said:
whispers

Come to the english side Andy, feel the literature within you...embrace it!

NB:Welcome-ness to Andy.
It's too late. I am doing my HSC this year. :burn:

I am thinking though that I will do 'English Literature' as a second major, or perhaps minor. I don't know though. So you have me on your side.....

Thnx for the welcome-ness. Especially appreciated for the addition of 'ness'. It's rad.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
robo-andie said:
It's too late. I am doing my HSC this year. :burn:

I am thinking though that I will do 'English Literature' as a second major, or perhaps minor. I don't know though. So you have me on your side.....

Thnx for the welcome-ness. Especially appreciated for the addition of 'ness'. It's rad.
I know-ness:D

What degree are you interested in then?

robo-andie

HSC
I am seriously considering a Bachelor of Marketing and Public Relations or a Bachelor of Art (communications and something) , and even perhaps a Bachelor of Politics and Journalism.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
robo-andie said:
I am seriously considering a Bachelor of Marketing and Public Relations or a Bachelor of Arts (communications and something) , and even perhaps a Bachelor of Politics and Journalism.
!
Make it a BA (Communications - Writing and Cultures)
Go on.
DO IT!
Follow in my footsteps.
It'd be hawt.

On a more SERIOUS note, sounds good. Though you should keep in mind that communication/media/journo type degrees are usually very structured - students usually want to pull their hair out because of the core at some stage. So if you go for those kind of degrees, make sure you really want to do them.
/end lecture.

monique66

Don't listen to Evan, come and do law...although I'm not a great advocate of Commerce. Actually, I'll just shut up now.

robo-andie

HSC
lol.
My step sis does law at macquarie.... everytime I see her it's like a little lesson in law. I love it.

btw. I am thinking of applying to Notre Dame for these courses.... any advice or comments?

monique66

Evan is the man to ask...

I have no idea about that uni, Evan is the uni knowledge god.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
robo-andie said:
lol.
My step sis does law at macquarie.... everytime I see her it's like a little lesson in law. I love it.

btw. I am thinking of applying to Notre Dame for these courses.... any advice or comments?
Hmm, to be honest if I were to do Communications(or allied fields), I'd stay away from Notre Dame. If only because there isn't a very large range of units, few places and its completely fee pay. It also seems to have just started out so I have no idea how well the units would be taught.

That said, generally TAFE grads generally have a higher employment rate in this area than the average uni grad so I guess its not a big deal where you go. Though I would say that for most communications areas CSU and UTS have pretty developed departments. There's also the USYD and MQ degrees if you desire a more versatile set of subjects to go with communications stuff.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
robo-andie said:
Kami, where is your av' from ? it looks like something from FF.
'tis a Tonberry from Final Fantasy VIII.:)

Tonberries are usually depicted as random enemies you fight, however in FF8 if you murder enough Tonberries you will be battle a King who will become one of your 'summons' if you beat him.

In FFXI, Tonberries are a remnant of a race which used to be quiet human but were cursed into their current form for allying with the dragon Bahamut.

They all carry chef's knives and are able to inflict 'karma' upon you relative to how many others you have killed.

Last edited:

robo-andie

HSC
Oh, I remember them in FF8!!! I remember on an island perhaps? there was a tower style thing you had to climb, and there were lots of them to fight.

Damn those are good games. :D

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Yup!:D

I just like them because they use kitchen utensils as weapons - take that Jamie Oliver!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
robo-andie said:
hahaha.
I am still a huge fan of Shiva..... she is the best-est.
Ahhhh...the memories
*recalls holding button bashing contests to see who could use the boost ability most on Shiva*

And then there was Carbuncle, gosh he was cute. And Mini-mog!!!:D

robo-andie

HSC
haha, I used to do that with my friends, see who could get the highest boost..... those were the days.

mini-mog was so cute.
Quezacotl < was def awesome aswell.. I never knew which way his head was facing...his body is.. well odd.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I don't know if quezacoatl had a head, lol, he truly looked more like a mass of animated pasta.:p

And on the topic of odd...I still am not sure what Eden was.:s

robo-andie

HSC
lol animated pasta....I was thinking more along the lines of a poorly designed pokemon. Pasta works good though.

Yeah, I don't know what eden was either, it's 1/4 man, then goodness knows what else. A strange GF to have really, and from memory he wasn't that good?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
robo-andie said:
lol animated pasta....I was thinking more along the lines of a poorly designed pokemon. Pasta works good though.

Yeah, I don't know what eden was either, it's 1/4 man, then goodness knows what else. A strange GF to have really, and from memory he wasn't that good?
Well he was really slow, but IIRC he could do a maximum of 1 000 000 HP damage with the boost ability so it was like woah, weird, but woah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)