• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Important - Please Read (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Marcus wonders what is in Lynn's and Justin's vocal repertoire.

HSC
N/A
Lynn has just finished Alan's major work, and will post a message here as she knows he will come across it.

"Dear Alan,

I'm not quite sure what to say. To cut a long story short, I think you have a beautiful writing style, and I'm at the brink of tears for reasons unknown to me. Love your work. Your reflection statement - which I'm halfway through - is also beautiful. Beautiful beautiful beautiful."

Lynn has noticed Susan's comment about her short story. She is thankful for compliments but would still like to hide under a rock. As it is, Lynn is curled up in computer chair (closest thing to rock she could find).

Last edited:
J

jhakka

goldendawn said:
Marcus wonders what is in Lynn's and Justin's vocal repertoire.
Justin is particularly good at obnoxious songs like "Skater Boi" by Avril Lavigne (spelling?), songs like that one in Clueless "All By Myself" and Aerosmith's "All By Myself". Justin particularly enjoys the last, as he and his brother sing it in the car whenever someone puts that particular cassette in. :D

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
jhakka said:
Justin is particularly good at obnoxious songs like "Skater Boi" by Avril Lavigne (spelling?), songs like that one in Clueless "All By Myself" and Aerosmith's "All By Myself". Justin particularly enjoys the last, as he and his brother sing it in the car whenever someone puts that particular cassette in. :D
Marcus is amused by Justin's repertoire :p

J

jhakka

ujuphleg said:
what was the title of Alan's MW again?
Justin thinks it was something along the lines of The Beast Who Said I to the World, but is not sure.

Justin has good taste in bad music. :p

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
jhakka said:
Susan laughs at Justins repetoire, but then states "If you can't be silly and crazy with music with your family then where can you?!"

It is good that Justin is able to cut loose. Not enough people do that in the world nowadays.

HSC
N/A
LOL!

Lynn would happily do a duet with Justin one day.

Off the top of her head, Lynn has studied/sung:

Lavender Girl (one of her favourites)
Nobody Knows Who I Am - Lucy (Jekyll and Hyde)
Beauty and the Beast
Home - From the stage version of Beauty and the Beast
Change in Me - From the stage version of Beauty and the Beast
Old Friends? - who knows
Someone Else's Story - Chess
Heaven Help My Heart - Chess
Sweet Dreams - who knows
Ship in a Bottle - who knows
Colours of the Wind - Pocahontas
What I'd Give For Love - A Chorus Line
I Love You - who knows, some Peter Allen song

There are many more but Lynn cannot list them all off top of head. If it makes things easier, Lynn usually sings musical theatre ballads and her range is that of a Lyric Mezzo, although in her belt range she can go into Alto. She KNOWS that she has also sung some songs from Miss Saigon among others, but simply cannot remember names of songs.

J

jhakka

Justin says that if you can't be crazy with family, friends are just as good. :D

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Marcus has to leave now...he wishes Susan, Justin and Lynn a good evenining. :) :)

HSC
N/A
Lynn would love to be able to sing pop songs, but alas, her voice was not designed for quick jumps in scale. Lynn cannot trill, however she can have vibrato and a "raised upper palate" :D

J

jhakka

Justin says good night to Marcus.

Justin says that he doesn't have a good voice for anything unless he wants to be the next Johnny Rotten. But he enjoys singing badly, purposely making his voice crack and sound as horrible as possible. "It's fun when people in your English class start, but then stop to let you have your own awful solo, only to applaud you afterwards."

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Marcus doesn't like the trill in modern music. He does, however like it used in combination with vibrato in alot of the Bulgarian and Greek traditional music he sings. V. melismatic styling.

J

jhakka

Justin is off to bed, as he is falling asleep at the computer. "Good night, all."

HSC
N/A
Lynn bids Justin goodnight.

Lynn thinks that she should probably go to bed as well, and hopes that her friends have a big celebration when we hit the 2000th post as she will not be around :(

Lynn bids everyone goodnight and sweet dreams.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Goodnight Lynn, Justin and Marcus!!! :)

sweet dreams to all :)

Susan shall also head off. "Good Night!"

HSC
N/A
ujuphleg said:
Goodnight Lynn, Justin and Marcus!!! :)

sweet dreams to all :)
Lynn would just like to very quickly thank Susan again for critique and mention that Lynn's major work is not the sort of thing Lynn would - or likes - to read either!!!

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Susan implores Lynn not to take her comment that way!!!

Susan just doesn't really "dig" postmodern literature. Realism and modernism in structure is for Susan. It gets confusing if not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)