Important Study between Now and HSC (1 Viewer)

its_tricky

HSC
AHHHHHHHH
If you try study all your content in the next two weeks, won't you forget it by the time the exams come?
Like did/does anyone have a method of their plan?
Should you study one topic of one subject each week, and what about revision?

aHhhhhhhhhhh I just know if i am to effectively study, i need some sort of outline/timetable/plan thing,
but i'm not sure of what is the smartest/most effective method, so that content is really solid and well remembered ready for the HSC exams!

Anyone have any tips/suggestions?

Thanks!

teeah

HSC
well for me, im spending the next two weeks just revising everything and then going through past papers from 01-11 for the sciences, 95-2011 for maths and any practice questions for essays i can get my hands on! i think the best way to retain information is to first apply it, like in a test or something :)

its_tricky

HSC
well for me, im spending the next two weeks just revising everything and then going through past papers from 01-11 for the sciences, 95-2011 for maths and any practice questions for essays i can get my hands on! i think the best way to retain information is to first apply it, like in a test or something :)
ah that sounds like a good idea!

Coookies

HSC
Learn the content then keep applying them to past papers. Best way for them to really stick in your head.

enoilgam

HSC
aHhhhhhhhhhh I just know if i am to effectively study, i need some sort of outline/timetable/plan thing,
but i'm not sure of what is the smartest/most effective method, so that content is really solid and well remembered ready for the HSC exams!
You have to find what works best for you - everyone is different and we all have different capabilities. As a general rule, you should ensure that your knowledge of the course content is strong and then proceed onto past papers. The how really depends on you.

kimmmj5

HSC
N/A
I don't know about for your school, but my school still has not covered all the topics. My suggestion is, since now you don't have any internal exams to worry about, get ahead with what you're studying at school. Read ahead, write notes ahead and do past questions and hand them into your teacher etc. That way you can get important feedback with your work, make sure you master everything now so if there are parts in the syllabus you don't understand, you get your teacher to give you extra help.
In regards to studying, I know people who make themselves a timetable, where everyday they assign themselves to do something. I tried this, but noticed my 'to-do' list is often unrealistic and unachievable so what I find effective is setting deadlines for myself. So for eg. by the 1st Sept, finish memorising section one of Prod. of Materials notes, by 29th Aug, have completed 3 creative writings etc. So on my study plan, I have a heaps of deadlines. To make sure you complete the set work by that day, treat them as assessment tasks!
On my study timetable I have promised myself to master all the topics this term so I can just concentrate on doing past papers during the one month break before HSC.
Oh and also, I don't think you should do one subject every week, if you do this it is really easy to forget one subject, just do a little everyday. If it's maths, since consistency is the key, just make it a routine/habit that from this time to this time, you do MATHS! For languages, make it a habit to memorise and learn this much vocab everyday and do maybe one writing task everyday etc. It's hard to give you advice because I don't know what subjects you're doing! It's different for each subject!
It is important you use this month break extremely well, you need to set a routine for yourself and try to get through as much as you can everyday! Good luck!! :party:

Last edited:

its_tricky

HSC
I don't know about for your school, but my school still has not covered all the topics. My suggestion is, since now you don't have any internal exams to worry about, get ahead with what you're studying at school. Read ahead, write notes ahead and do past questions and hand them into your teacher etc. That way you can get important feedback with your work, make sure you master everything now so if there are parts in the syllabus you don't understand, you get your teacher to give you extra help.
In regards to studying, I know people who make themselves a timetable, where everyday they assign themselves to do something. I tried this, but noticed my 'to-do' list is often unrealistic and unachievable so what I find effective is setting deadlines for myself. So for eg. by the 1st Sept, finish memorising section one of Prod. of Materials notes, by 29th Aug, have completed 3 creative writings etc. So on my study plan, I have a heaps of deadlines. To make sure you complete the set work by that day, treat them as assessment tasks!
On my study timetable I have promised myself to master all the topics this term so I can just concentrate on doing past papers during the one month break before HSC.
Oh and also, I don't think you should do one subject every week, if you do this it is really easy to forget one subject, just do a little everyday. If it's maths, since consistency is the key, just make it a routine/habit that from this time to this time, you do MATHS! For languages, make it a habit to memorise and learn this much vocab everyday and do maybe one writing task everyday etc. It's hard to give you advice because I don't know what subjects you're doing! It's different for each subject!
It is important you use this month break extremely well, you need to set a routine for yourself and try to get through as much as you can everyday! Good luck!! :party:
thank you so much for your great feedback!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)