• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Important: Survey (1 Viewer)

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
I put mine i jpeg form because I believe that I am different and special:p

zerzillia

1. Age (please specify) 17
2. Sex (please circle) Female

3. What school do you attend? (Please circle the most relevant description)

Catholic School

4. What year/grade are you in? (Please circle)

Year 12

5. Are you aware of the media coverage during the last 6 months regarding the decline of public education and the positive aspects of private education? (Please circle)

Yes

6. What are your opinions on the media coverage? Do you consider them to be accurate? Why/Why Not?

I think while some reports do give you the facts (eg. government funding for private school has increased and such), some are plain opinion pieces. So, no, I don't believe all of them are accurate, the media could be very biased. The reason why I think there's so much controversy is because the media wants people's attention (and hence make some money). However, there's more to it than that, because it is after all, about our future. But beware of how the media represents this, and what their intentions are.

7.Do you believe that government funding has a profound effect on your specific school? Why/Why Not?

Yes. My school is catholic but we do pay fees so government funding helps. It's mainly government funding and not what our parents give that runs the school.

8.Does your position at either a public or private school make you biased toward all opposing schools? Why/Why Not?

No. I believe that schools should get nearly equal amounts of pay. ie. paid equal according to ratios. By this I mean, I don't really agree with private school should get more money, because that would be unfair to public school students and staff (but keep in mind I am in a "private" school). I think how much the government pay should really depend on how many students and teachers there are in the school and how much money a particular school need (not want, need. need = buying new furniture, fixing up things etc), and NOT whether if they're a private or public school.

9.Why did you specifically choose to go to a private/public school?
I went to my school because we moved houses and also because my mother wanted me to go there. To her, my school is perhaps, more strict in its morals and social teaching since it's a catholic school. But ironically, we're not catholic (we're athiests) and I get fed alot of bible bashing. -_-;

10.How do you feel the education debate has affected you on a personal level?
I guess I am personally more aware of the bias in the funding and also of the social divisions in our society. It's one of those issues where if it's not debated, you might miss it. I feel the education debate has really made me think about what's so different between public/private schools and why. It's good for my knowledge to learn about things outside the syllabus and really listen to arguments on both sides.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)