IMPORTANT: UAI and importance of school attended (1 Viewer)

amyb

Ok, i posted a thread before asking for an estimate of my UAI, and didn't get a very informative response.
Therefore, i would like to ask again:

English Adv: 74%, ranked 3rd out of 14
Modern History: 83%, ranked 1st out of 12
Ancient History: 84%, ranked 5th out of 26
Extension History: 74%, ranked 3rd out of 5
Biology: 85%, ranked 2nd out of 16
PDHPE: 86%, ranked 3rd out of 13

My school would not be in the top 120, what difference will that make to my possible UAI? I am aiming for 83-88, do i have a chance of getting that if i get English up to 75-80?
Thankyou,
Amy.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
try and get english and ext hist to 75+ and your others to 85+ (keep in mind you are nearly there) and you should be fine.

the schools rank isnt all THAT important..its just the probability that you will get above 90...eg (and these arent actual figures) the school ranked #1 might have 100% of people 90+, the school ranked 120 might have 70% of people 90+..so you can see, there is a much greater chance you will get a uai 90+ if you go to a high ranking school

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Your school has -no- effect on how they calculate the UAI.

And also remember that just because the 2002 students from your school wasn't particularly good, it -doesn't- mean it will be the same this year.

Right now you should have no problems with getting your 83-88 UAI. As long as you perform as well in the HSC exam.

amyb

Thanx guys. One of my teachers (ext hist and mod hist) predicted, on those marks i would get mid 70s! I freaked out A LOT, so it is relieving to know i do have a chance at getting the UAI i need, as long as my marks get those few marks better.
So, thanx again for replying, much appreciated.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
as ragerunner said, the school has no actual impact, its just the probabilty that you will go well based on last yrs results

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)