IMPORTANT: WHo went to edassist programmes (1 Viewer)

uh_huh2

HSC
Im starting year 12 and was wondering who has attended these programmes and whether they were any good. Please gimme advice. Especially on the 9 week intensive program b4 the trials and hsc.
thanks

Jezzabelle

i went to the chem and physics lectures every holidays (cos my school teachers were a waste of space)

they were good for me... I also did some 3unit maths, they were crap crap crap... cos its just impossible to teach maths in that lecture format with people at all different levels, and they can show the most extreme hard examples and ya just feel discouraged...

the english ones i went to were awesome as well, specially the Transformations and Telling the Truth and Journeys, actually they were all excellant.

WAIT... on the maths thing, the study guides for maths are brilliant... so spend your money on them and not the lectures :)

hope that helps

I-Jester

Intergalactic Jester
HSC
I went - they were good initially cause they set me in the right path but anything further was pointless.

I did: -

- English Advanced (good)
- Legal (really good if u get the teacher from Cheltenham Girls)
- Maths (crapola)

Hope that helps

uh_huh2

HSC
hey i- jester, what advice can u gimme on studyin legal. I have reallllly blugly teacher at school, and i want to do well. ;)

I-Jester

Intergalactic Jester
HSC
1) Basically go through the syllabus dot points and make notes on each and every dot point using ur textbooks and uni textbooks if you can get your hands on them.
2) Read the paper all the time - look at the sorts of legal issues that are being discussed
3) Try to get your hands on the Legal Studies standards packages from 2001 and 2002 (your library should have them) - read the responses and analyse how they were structured etc.
4) Get to know the past exam papers to get a feel for the sorts of questions they ask you. Pretty much everything you are asked will be a single dot point or several dot points taken out of the syllabus.

I'll email you a few examples of what i did with notes (derived mainly from the Excel and Macmillan textbooks) if you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)