Important! (1 Viewer)

jessikayo

HSC
Hi.
if you can or have any time at all would you please be able to help me out with this. I have a half yearly english exam coming up next week and i have hardly prepared for this essay whatsoever. the question is:

"Imaginative journeys give rise to intellectual and emotional ones as well."
How have the texts you have studied (Coleridge) effectively shaped your understanding of journeys?

Please help me if you can it would be much appreciated. :)
Jess

fickletoe

HSC
OOO!
thhat sounds like a good one for coleridge...
have you got any clue as to what you want to write about? cos I immediately came up with a few...
you know how coleridge always seems to be enlightened at the end of hid conversational poems? I dont know if theres any variation in which coleridge poems people study, but with 'this lime tree bower my prison' and 'frost at midnight', both times he uses the journey and reflects upon it and reaches an epiphany-
'A delight
Comes sudden to my heart, and I am glad
As I myself were there'
(Lime Tree) he reaches a more happier insight... journeys from being frustrated and melodramatic. (notice the imagery description reflects his mood... where the "o'erwooded, narrow deep' roaring dell reflects his low and dark mood, then eventually opens up to the 'wide wide heaven'... theres lots of things you could use)
anyway, all the poems tend to reach this sort of enlightenment at the end... or the ones im studying. a good intellectual one would be kubla khan... cos he talks at the end of the great infinite power of the poet's words.
hope that helps... it was only a quick overview...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)