Impressive dressing (1 Viewer)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Hey I'd just like to say that I went out to an average normal club last night (which I haven't been to for ages) and noticed something.

Both guys and girls are dressing really smartly and appropriately and I was very impressed.

I saw girls wearing dresses that were sexy but not over sexualised. They were either short or low cut but now both.

They've stopped wearing those 'formal shorts' that were everywhere for so long.

People have started wearing beautiful fabrics and vintage/vintage style that flatter them.

Girls are rocking clean makeup that looks classy/cute and not trashy. Some girls werent wearing any makeup at all and looked beautiful.

Guys have FINALLY stopped wearing skinny jeans, and have learnt that flattering cuts of pants and tshirts/shirts that suit their body types.

I have renewed belief in my generation as snappy, classy dressers.

Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just a Melbourne thing, and is Sydney still trash-tacular? :p

john31459

HSC
N/A
Times are a'changing. Melbourne's good like that.

I'm still a dag though.

Lennie

Have noticed the trends. It's great.
Everyone is becoming more orignal.

Skeeta

HSC
I think its because there are no "OMIGOD ITS A TREND" things happening.

Like, it was the metro thing for the boys, and the skinny skinny jeans for the girls.. but these are kind of fading away and nothing else has bashed their heads in yet, SO we are left with clothes that WE like.

etc etc

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
Eh, I would like to think that everyone is dressing more nicely and in cuts and styles that suit them, but I think it really just depends on the sort of people you are around. In some circles I will go out and be very, very impressed by what people are wearing and their innate sense of style, but other times I feel like a very overdessed freak compared to the people around me.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Skeeta said:
I think its because there are no "OMIGOD ITS A TREND" things happening.

Like, it was the metro thing for the boys, and the skinny skinny jeans for the girls.. but these are kind of fading away and nothing else has bashed their heads in yet, SO we are left with clothes that WE like.

etc etc
exactly.

and oh god i am so happy to see less skinny jeans around. hatethemhatethemhatethem x 1000. :) lol.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
boobs are a bit of a problem still here
there are good boobs and bad terrible put it away bessie boobs
some girls need to learn the difference and tame their little puppies

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
well parramatta is a fairly slutty and not-very-well-dressed area. i mean, if you hang around newtown/surry hills/paddington people generally dress much more nicely.

Skeeta

HSC
yeah i wouldnt exactly call the people that hang around parramatta westfields, the epitome of class. Its generally 14 year olds that get excited over supre.

BUT its my closest shopping centre, so i tend to deal with it.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Oh, ok then...

Go Melbourne.

Sunday night I saw this girl, my age, wearing this little beaded shift that was most certinly designer vintage, maybe celine or gucci, with these beautiful stone bangles up her arms and brown flat sandals.

But she wasn't parading around like she knew she looked good. She didn't try to sluttify the dress with heels, or over accesorise.

She just looked awesome. Stunning.

I was so impressed with her, and there were many others too.

And this was just the Copa on a Sunday night.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
That's a pretty pretentious thing to say Alley.

I mean, the shit that you are saying is classy is just another "trend" that you prefer to other ones.

And you can't pin point a fashion to city.

I mean, go to Clubb 77 and Phoenix and all the guys are wearing skinny legs and those thin hoodies and the girls are wearing oversize tees. It is the whole alternative dirty electro look.

Then on the same night you go to Yu or Sapphire Suit or Tank and everyone is dressed in conservative classy designer gear.

In my opinion both groups look gorgeous. I personally find black pants and shirts, and traditional dresses boring for clubbing, no matter how nice the cut. I wear that kind of thing to restaurants and opening nights, but when I go clubbing, I go to go crazy and have fun and get sweaty and dirty.

I am going down to melbourne on the 1st of February for 10 days and basically just hanging out, going clubbing and going shopping with some gallery visits and the cricket in between, and i am taking my electro trash style with me, so I will view this from a sydney perspective.

I am going to Famous on Friday night, as I heard this was good.

I also heard there is a sneaker exhibition on... :)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Septimus Dick said:
That's a pretty pretentious thing to say Alley.

I mean, the shit that you are saying is classy is just another "trend" that you prefer to other ones.

And you can't pin point a fashion to city.

I mean, go to Clubb 77 and Phoenix and all the guys are wearing skinny legs and those thin hoodies and the girls are wearing oversize tees. It is the whole alternative dirty electro look.

Then on the same night you go to Yu or Sapphire Suit or Tank and everyone is dressed in conservative classy designer gear.

In my opinion both groups look gorgeous. I personally find black pants and shirts, and traditional dresses boring for clubbing, no matter how nice the cut. I wear that kind of thing to restaurants and opening nights, but when I go clubbing, I go to go crazy and have fun and get sweaty and dirty.

I am going down to melbourne on the 1st of February for 10 days and basically just hanging out, going clubbing and going shopping with some gallery visits and the cricket in between, and i am taking my electro trash style with me, so I will view this from a sydney perspective.

I am going to Famous on Friday night, as I heard this was good.

I also heard there is a sneaker exhibition on... :)
Yah well, all I wanted to say is that a month ago the same crowd were wearing holey tshirts with laddered tights and no pants, with a "do-rag" knotted around their head.

Now they're wearing what they want to wear, not all the same thing. It's only that I noticed that particular girl's outfit that I mentioned it, there were plenty of others that weren't as dressed up.

But I think it's a good thing when people learn to play up their assets with a nicely age and situation appropriate outfit...

...Or maybe I don't dig the whole "I pissed in these pants earlier... Grunge YEAH!" look.

And yeah, the sneakers exhibit at NGV. See it, awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)