improve english (1 Viewer)

dumNerd

HSC
Is there any way to actually improve english. Should I be writing creatives and analytical pieces as practice?

studiesofboard

HSC
Yes. You can always improve. Start by writing textual pieces under timed conditions. Set a timer for 40 mins and see how much you can write during that time. :)

dumNerd

HSC
Yes. You can always improve. Start by writing textual pieces under timed conditions. Set a timer for 40 mins and see how much you can write during that time. :)
Wouldn't I need context and quotes and techniques for the given piece

dumNerd

HSC
Well you would study it at school. You should be given tee tables and those are what you should be memorising. :)
Nonono I don't been doing practice essays for an assessment task I was just wondering how to improve my English in general

idkkdi

HSC
Nonono I don't been doing practice essays for an assessment task I was just wondering how to improve my English in general
read books/newspapers. actively expand your vocab. be aware of grammar and fluency in your everyday life.

TryhardIndian

HSC
I suggest you should read a variety of different genres and fiction and non fiction texts. This will expose you to different styles of writing and help you pick up the techniques the author uses when it comes to exams. The HSC Advanced and Standard course have a reading task assessment where you are required to read a variety of texts and answer short questions. So by reading on a regular basis, you will definitely improve, hope this helps!

dumNerd

HSC
I suggest you should read a variety of different genres and fiction and non fiction texts. This will expose you to different styles of writing and help you pick up the techniques the author uses when it comes to exams. The HSC Advanced and Standard course have a reading task assessment where you are required to read a variety of texts and answer short questions. So by reading on a regular basis, you will definitely improve, hope this helps!
I read like 1 book a week but they all fiction adventure or thriller books... thanks for the advice will try reading non fiction texts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)