Improving English ? (1 Viewer)

lachie611

HSC
Just looking to improve improve my english before i start senior study as it it is my worst subject. Any ideas on how i can improve it and what i can focus on improving? Any help greatly appreciated!

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
hey r u in yr 10, coz i am 2, :p. Personally i just do yr 10 past papers on BOS and just read a lot. read whatever you can, newspapers, magazines, ads, anything and than i try to reflect on what i read by making bullet points on the : purpose and key information that was presented in the article. Also what english are u planning on taking next year? std, adv, e1, e2?

zephyrus

HSC
Make sure you really nail your essay writing structure and analysis skills (throw in some books to further your vocabulary). At the moment I'm doing that too, since I'm pretty much in the same boat as you.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
yea adv, no point in doing std as it scaled horribly and adv is just a bit harder.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Essay Structure and Analysis skills.
That is all.

Also in 40 minutes you should be able to write at least 5 pages.

Elisa Sweet

HSC
Essay structure and analysing texts. That is all you do, write essay and analyse texts

watapple

HSC
for standard english you don't really need those hardcore words, just throw in some simple words but make sure you know what your saying

dtmtrano

HSC
ESSAYS: Always try to be critical about the question, and always make sure you use textual evidence and examples. If you happen to be stuck on what to write, just simply think/brainstorm ideas and make a simple table that just briefly outlines your ideas, examples and evidence. Also try to think about why the composer does or what is trying to be said.

Make sure you structure your essay correctly and ALWAYS ALWAYS proofread out loud to make sure you reduce your mistakes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)