improving performance-technology-help! (1 Viewer)

rachella

I have an assessment task based on the point in Improving Performance called use of technology. Does anyone have a list of the training innovations eg. tackle suits- I could research, and/or video analysis or data gathering and analysis.

TheKing

um... you mean like the shark suit for swimming?
and the bowling cam for say cricket...
just watch a bit o sports and crap on about it

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
hmm technology is hard, as in the syllabus there isnt that much. video analysis can be used to improve technicque etc. also spikes in athletics constantly changing. a point to bring up about technoly is, is it fair? cos athletes with less finance may not have access to such technology, where as a high profile athlete with a lot of money, can use technology to there advantage, so i guess it kind of broadens the gap between athletes.

if i can think of anything else, ill post later

barbie_doll

HSC
you can use the "fast skin" suits for both swimming and athletics track events
you can use the advancement in drug testing procedures
you can use the touch pads used at the end of swimming pools
you can use electronic timing for any sport for that matter
you can use the equipment technology, like for athletics now they are starting to put special measuring devices inside the shotputs, discus, hammer throw, javelin, etc, so that as the competitor throws the object, it is electronically measured against a device like an electronical measuring tape that sits along side the throwing area, so that people in white coats do not have to run out into the path of a flying object any more.
you could use the new stadium technology that allows them to close the roof... i.e. rod laver arena for the tennis..
there are heaps of examples, but you won't find them in any textbooks, you'll have to go looking in the media and especially archives of the newspaper and sports magazines...
hope that helps...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)