in a bad state :( (1 Viewer)

avhead

no-hope fighter pilot l0l
Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
HSC
I got a B8 in the SC Internal results (got like low 90s As for Half Yearly and Yearly of Year 10 yet got a B8 for 10.3)

My topic test results for 2U + 3U combined so far:
Basic Algebra (Algebra, Surds, Quadratics, Quadratic Inequalities, Simultaneous Equations, etc.) - 39/39 - 100%
Functions + Plane Geometry - 42/45 - 93%

Looks good for now but watch, by the time I do a circle geometry test like you did, I'll get 30% or something (no joke).....
It's obviously because circle geometry is a hard topic... In fact, I hate geometry so bad... I'm just plain bad at it...
I reckon that if you did a topic test on something like basic algebra, functions or trigonometry (the typical schedule for Term 1 of Year 11) you'd get 85%+ easy...
Ugh I wish our 3U tests are that easy, we have Polynomials and Circle Geo next week (Along with essentially harder 2U stuff lol). :(

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Ugh I wish our 3U tests are that easy, we have Polynomials and Circle Geo next week (Along with essentially harder 2U stuff lol). :(
It is VERY unusual for schools to start on topics like polynomials and circle geometry in term 1 of Year 11......
Funny thing is, I did the basics or key concepts of polynomials, circle geometry, logarithms, differentiation and integration in Year 10 anyways... back at my old school that is....
Polynomials is actually alright... Circle Geometry and any other types of Geometry bother me...

avhead

no-hope fighter pilot l0l
Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
HSC
It is VERY unusual for schools to start on topics like polynomials and circle geometry in term 1 of Year 11......
Funny thing is, I did the basics or key concepts of polynomials, circle geometry, logarithms, differentiation and integration in Year 10 anyways... back at my old school that is....
Polynomials is actually alright... Circle Geometry and any other types of Geometry bother me...
I found Circle Geometry kind of annoying at first, but it's actually really easy once you remember the theorems, just do heaps of questions and you get familiarised with them and 'see' things a lot quicker.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, we did circle geo in 3u before doing the 2u geometry topic.
Doing Circle Geometry in the first term of Year 11 to me is completely nutz.....
Algebra, Functions and Trigonometry should be done first if anything :/ (they are quite important topics... algebra - obv. important, functions - later you use calculus to help you sketch, trigonometry - a big topic)
Meh, order doesn't matter that much in the end.....

criticalthinker

HSC
personally, after doing the 3 unit course i understand your stress... but as cliche as it sounds don't stress. maths is all about practice and refining your skills, if you don't get something in class clear it up soon, it fundamental that you get the basics.

plus you are doing prelim, prelim 3 unit at the start is quite hard, i struggled with, but in the end i got a E4. just do consistent practice and don't compare yourself to others. another advice is to go over your test and identify your weakness and then work hard tor overcome these weakness... don't stress you van always drop down to two unit...

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
My school's first 2 topics are circle geo and polynomials.... lol.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
We do algebra and functions etc in 2U though, I think that's why we don't do it in 3U.
Hmm... but then there's 3U concepts in Algebra and Functions though....
But doesn't matter too much when it comes to order.....

delian

HSC
N/A
some circle geometry problems can sometimes be extremely difficult to get. don't despair

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)