In between exams (1 Viewer)

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
With paper 2 English finishing tomorrow, my next exam is on the 20th oct. Obviously the revision is still on. But how intense should the study be esp since I have heard some ppl who aced the hscs state they actually took a day off? I just want my mindset to be fresh and avoid burnout, which was the case during the trials!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Assuming that you have been thoroughly preparing for your HSC exams prior to the HSC exam period, you should adopt a "control" approach throughout the time that separates you from your next exam. This means that you should capitalise on the opportunity to further supplement your preparations in the next 6-7 days, while ensuring that you do not overwhelm yourself as you mentioned.

Given that this is a significant time period, you may wish to have a break and not study for the rest of tomorrow after you complete your English Advanced Paper 2 (best of luck! 🙏). This is something that you can treat as a small reward/celebration for the fact that tomorrow will mark the end of your HSC English journey, which is a huge milestone without a doubt. The following day is when you can then get back to your preparations, which is where the notion of control becomes relevant. Mathematics Extension 2 is definitely a challenge and the time that you have prior to this subject's HSC exam is precious. You should therefore make reasonable use of that time in the sense that it will allow you to revisit concepts that you may not be fully comfortable with as well as maximise your practice, consequently preparing you more for the exam.

I hope this helps! :D

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
Assuming that you have been thoroughly preparing for your HSC exams prior to the HSC exam period, you should adopt a "control" approach throughout the time that separates you from your next exam. This means that you should capitalise on the opportunity to further supplement your preparations in the next 6-7 days, while ensuring that you do not overwhelm yourself as you mentioned.

Given that this is a significant time period, you may wish to have a break and not study for the rest of tomorrow after you complete your English Advanced Paper 2 (best of luck! 🙏). This is something that you can treat as a small reward/celebration for the fact that tomorrow will mark the end of your HSC English journey, which is a huge milestone without a doubt. The following day is when you can then get back to your preparations, which is where the notion of control becomes relevant. Mathematics Extension 2 is definitely a challenge and the time that you have prior to this subject's HSC exam is precious. You should therefore make reasonable use of that time in the sense that it will allow you to revisit concepts that you may not be fully comfortable with as well as maximise your practice, consequently preparing you more for the exam.

I hope this helps! :D
Valuable insight.... Maths extension 2 is where I need a good external performance, for which I need my mind in good balance. I might adopt the approach you discussed. Thanks Jimmy!

99.96ATAR

HSC
There's no time off. It's like running a marathon and being at the finish line. Why stop when you are a few metres away. Just study the extra day and you might learn something that you may have forgotten

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
With paper 2 English finishing tomorrow, my next exam is on the 20th oct. Obviously the revision is still on. But how intense should the study be esp since I have heard some ppl who aced the hscs state they actually took a day off? I just want my mindset to be fresh and avoid burnout, which was the case during the trials!
The HSC finishes when English finishes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)