In-class examinations - handwritten essays? (1 Viewer)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Problem questions, imo, are much easier to get marks in than essay questions.

Anyway just want to add that my school has disposed of class participation marks (although I just did evidence in which you could choose to be assessed either with 10% class participation or another question in your major assignment) because there were so many issues with it being poorly handled and stuff.

I also believe its policy at my uni that end of semester exams should be worth no more than 50% of the final assessment mark.

So generally our assessment is 50% assignment, 50% exam.......although there are often two essays instead of one cos thats a bit cruisy.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
ManlyChief said:
But equity extends well beyond property ...

We do equity as a part of property, contracts, legal ethics etc etc, but also devote an entire unit to it ... it's a philosophical approach to the law that surely deserves it's own dedicated unit??
Same here... but the entire unit is not a philosophical approach. More substantive issues generally...

What do you find hardest? Property, Contracts or Equity?

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
I would personally like to see UNSW include a compulsory stand-alone equity course. Though we do the relevant areas in contracts, property, etc -- I agree it would be beneficial to have a complete course for it. That said, there are many elective subjects that cover equitable remedies and doctrines. So those interested (such as myself) can do it in dedicated courses anyway.

The reason we have double contracts/property/litigation is because we do away with an equity course.

santaslayer

HSC
Ms 12 said:
Problem questions, imo, are much easier to get marks in than essay questions.

Anyway just want to add that my school has disposed of class participation marks (although I just did evidence in which you could choose to be assessed either with 10% class participation or another question in your major assignment) because there were so many issues with it being poorly handled and stuff.

I also believe its policy at my uni that end of semester exams should be worth no more than 50% of the final assessment mark.

So generally our assessment is 50% assignment, 50% exam.......although there are often two essays instead of one cos thats a bit cruisy.
Oh what? No more CP??? Protest! :(

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
erawamai said:
The reason we have double contracts/property/litigation is because we do away with an equity course.
Not just that... we take more time to do things and go over topics in more detail. Even if we had a compulsory, stand-alone equity course, I would still want to keep the double semesters for a number of subjects. I could not imagine doing property in one semester. In that respect I think our contract/property courses are a bit more intellectually rigorous.

I still think that we would benefit from an actual equity course though. A holistic approach to equity that incorporates more theory really isn't possible when you do fragments of it scattered throughout other subjects, even if we do cover the main substantive aspects in contracts, property, etc.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
santaslayer said:
Oh what? No more CP??? Protest! :(
Uhh, you've done crim, public A & B as well as the plt units this year right? None of them had them...

BillytheFIsh

HSC
We had:

Contracts A
Contracts B
Property A
Property B
Equity
Trusts

all as 1 semester each. I don't really see how you could do them in less than that...

Although I would have gladly given property B the arse and just done 1 semester of Property. God I hated those subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)