In Deseparate Need Of Help: Frontline (1 Viewer)

MurderDolls

HSC
Hey peoples. . .
Im studying Frontline unfortunately and deseprately need two related texts!

If someonme could be nice enough to help me out would be ever so grateful. . .and easy ones are terrific cause uno already don't understand what Im doing Lol

x x x

beautibubble

HSC
hi,
im studying frontline to and my teacher suggested
- farenheight 911
- outfoxed
um any news story (but from the perspective of a few different networks so channel 9 and channel 2 or so on)
sorry i cant really remember and more!
i hope this may have helped and good luck

blondelicious

HSC
my teacher also said to watch jarhead...but those other two sound heaps gud
i rekon frontline is the hardest topic to get your head around:eek:

champo14

HSC
blondelicious said:
my teacher also said to watch jarhead...but those other two sound heaps gud
i rekon frontline is the hardest topic to get your head around:eek:
Frontline is the hardest topic? Try doing Ted Hughs poetry. And hardly anyone does it so no one's here to help you.

MurderDolls, if you take a minute to search around here, I think you'll find plenty of threads discussing additional texts and Frontline etc.

Here are some to get you started:
http://community.boredofstudies.org/326/module-c-representation-text/73757/faq-frontline.html

http://community.boredofstudies.org...n-text/35336/telling-truth-related-texts.html

Serenade...

HSC
My teachers said the best thing to do is to pick a few texts about the same issue, and how one tells the whole truth, but the other is twisted. For example the new book 'The Secret' tells you that you can get things if you focus on them, and belive you will get them, as well as positive thinking, but it has been critisized by many psychologists, as it does not mention that you need to work towards your goals, not just focus on them.
As for me, i'm doing two articles about John Howards indigenious land rights issue and 'To Kill a Mockingbird'.

matmatt

HSC
Hello muderdolls, i've also been on the desperate search for related texts. I'm highly recommending Fahrenheit 451. More specifically page 153 in the voyager book. The chase is a perfect scene, especially in relating to such episodes such as 'the siege'. However we were told to only use one related text so for now my research into related texts ends. Good luck!

e-vet

HSC
i did media- by the john buttler trio
and the crucible, heres some of my notes if that helps

Title: The crucible
Composer: Arthur Miller
Date of publication: 1953

• Telling the truth does not always make a difference

Characterisation is a common technique used to help support this idea “she is also very worried because her slave sense has warned her that, as always, trouble in this house eventually lands on her back.” From this we learn a lot about the charter without them actually saying anything, and this quote shows us that no matter what has happened Tituba is going to be blamed for everything that’s going on. When she tries to tell the truth no one believes her, or trusts her, purely because of whom she is, and who is accusing her. This is seen later on when Abigail makes it very clear to Mercy, Mary and Betty that Tituba is to be blamed for the entire situation. The start of this blame is introduced by manipulating facts.

• The truth is very easy to manipulate

The main technique used to present this is in the dialogue. It is fast paced, many things go unanswered, in an effort to confuse and cover up the truth
Parris “…I heard a screeching and gibberish coming from her mouth. She was swaying like a dumb beast over that fire”
Abigail “she always sings her Barbados songs and we dance.”
The fact of truth being manipulated is made very clear when Abigail tells Mercy and Mary and betty what she has told Parris and coerces them into telling the same story so that their punishment will be minimised while Tituba receives all the blame

• Truth is subjective

People very often think they see something, truth depends on where you are coming from, on your perception of reality.
Parris: “would you look at my daughter sir. She has tried to leap out of the window; we discovered her this morning on the highroad, waving her arms as though shed fly.”
Hale: “tries to fly”
Putnam: “she cannot bear to hear the Lords name, Mr Hale; that’s a sure sign of witchcraft afloat.”
The technique used present this idea is playing to a prejudice, both Parris and Putnam know that Hale is looking for evidence that the devil is at work in Salem, and so Putnam by referring to the daughters behaviour as a clear sign of witchcraft provides evidence that Hale wants to hear.

HSC
yeah i would do the Crucible, but i did it in Prelim, so im not sure if i could use it as a related... awesome book (movie has Winona Ryder for anyone interested)

carlyfollett

HSC
hey guys
im in desperate need on help
kinda leaving things late
but i hav an article as a related text for frontline
n i need something else asap for my trials
i dont wanna use a film or tv series because its heaps like frontline
so a book or poem or song would be great
if anyone has any other ideas i would really appreciate it
if u can think of anything please let me no
thanx heaps
love carly
xoxo

beccaAUS

HSC
damn that sucks you need 2 related texts!
I only need one and I have found that 'media' by John Butler Trio is a good text to use.

I hope that helps :]

shona1990

HSC
Mr. Fahrenheit said:
yeah i would do the Crucible, but i did it in Prelim, so im not sure if i could use it as a related... awesome book (movie has Winona Ryder for anyone interested)
There's nothing wrong with using Prelim texts for the hsc, I did Grays "Journey: The North Coast" as an additional text for journeys and quite a few people did P&P, both of which we studied for personal insight in year 11. Another example is the Truman Show, or 1984 etc which were used in the prelim ext1 Utopia/American Dream course. So it's totally fine if you wanna study year 11 texts, and I strongly advise it, as it means you don't have to go and learn something totally new!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)