in need of suggestions~ (1 Viewer)

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
It's nearly my host sister's birthday (she's in japan by the way) and i need to get her a present! Help me cuz i have no idea what to get her. well, last year i bought: a cd, magazine and a packet of starbursts for her. Yes, weird presents, i know~

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Don't be clichéd... if it's something you gave them while you were there (I'm assuming you already did the obligatory plush wildlife) then for goodness sake don't do it again!

Originality is key. ;) How about one of those books about the opera house or something, they're very frequently found in Japanese. In fact, I have one in front of me right now. Is there any food that we have which they wouldn't have heard of? Some uniquely Australian thing that you can eat and send in the mail? Not in that order of course.

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
haha yeah you're right, i've already given her the koala plush ( it's so common!)

A book sounds good. It'd probably be better if it was in english since she's studying it. ...
hmm... any other suggestions?

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
Vegimite... nothings funnier than japanese people eating vegimite

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
why not go personal and maybe put together some photos or something like that? anything hand made is alright i reckon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)