% In State For Each Band (1 Viewer)

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
been looking around and havent quite been able to find this.

is there a site that shows been what percentile in the state is required to achieve certain bands.

e.g
band 6 - top 10% in state
band 5- between 10-20% in state
etc

and lets say im going to a fairly average school (just on the state average last year) with a fairly even mix of students (few really good ones, few really bad ones, alot around average). for most classes if im in around the top 15% of total students, if i were to assume im in around top 20% of the state would that be accurate?

^this is for the assessment mark, im almost positive that the assessment mark is going to be the one drag my final mark down in just about all subjects.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I believe this is the site you are looking for.

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/ebos/static/BDHSC_2005_12.htm

You can also see the statistics for previous years as well.

The assessment marks are not a good indicator of state level performance. Reasons include varying difficulties of set tasks and performance of the rest of your class. So if you are not doing as well as you think, theres the chance that in comparison to the rest of the state you aren't doing that bad because maybe the tasks you have been doing are quite difficult. It's hard for someone else to judge something like that, you just have to trust yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)