In Terms of Syllabuses... (1 Viewer)

lone_wolfx

HSC
Hey there!

So I'm currently in Year 12, and I write my study notes by the syllabus, meaning it's 200% easier to understand and word-vomit it up when exam time comes around *shudder*.

So, I'm thinking of heading to university next year and was wondering, how do university students write notes? Is it by the same kind of "syllabus" that you can find online or is it something else?

Any advice on writing study notes in the HSC year/University years will also be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much.

Silly Sausage

HSC
Depends on the subject / course-coordinator. There are usually detailed subject descriptions that outline the topics to be learnt.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Honestly, I've never really looked at syllabuses for any of my subjects at uni (I do Engg/Comm)

Kat92

HSC
Hey there!

So I'm currently in Year 12, and I write my study notes by the syllabus, meaning it's 200% easier to understand and word-vomit it up when exam time comes around *shudder*.

So, I'm thinking of heading to university next year and was wondering, how do university students write notes? Is it by the same kind of "syllabus" that you can find online or is it something else?

Any advice on writing study notes in the HSC year/University years will also be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much.
There are no syllabus documents at university. There are course outlines that give a description, list requisites, assumed knowledge, contact hours, weighting, course contacts, learning outcomes, materials needed, assessments, marking, attendance and adverse circumstances.

Essentially making notes at university means drawing upon things you write in lectures and tutorials. Also, summarising chapters from textbooks or assigned journal articles. Furthermore, you may also have PASS classes lead by a previous student who excelled in that subject who can share study tips with you and show you study techniques.

If you feel uncomfortable about making study notes I would recommend a bridging or preparation course at your uni before your actual course begins to upskill yourself in this area. Plus, seek advice from Learning Development Staff before any problems arise.

**As for the HSC- making notes according to the syllabus dot points is a very sensible idea, plus doing past papers and making key points from text books all help.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Yes the work follows a syllabus but it isn't really given to you. You're kinda just meant to know everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)