In The Skin Of A Lion (1 Viewer)

Steveo

Can someone please upload some notes regarding In The Skin Of A Lion by Michael Ondaatje.

Thanks for your time

Viceroy

hey dude its finally good to see someone who is doing the same novel as me!!!

have u got any notes??

Steveo

No probs..

No probs man...
e-mail me or icq me after the 19th Aug (my last trail exam) and we'll work something out.

email: bored@stevegilles.com

until then champ...

Steve.

miss_bloom

which critical readings are you all taking of the novel? i'm doing postmodernist, humanist and postcolonialist readings if anyone would like to swap bits and pieces but im finding it really hard to gather material on it.. does anybody recommend any good websites or guides?

Bindi

Can anyone help me????

Thank goodness someone in the state is studying the same novel as me! This novel is an absolute bastard:confused: - i liked it until we analysed it. Anyway i have a stack of notes if anyone wants to trade. Miss_Bloom i'm not exactly sure what you mean by different readings of it but i think i'm doing post-colonialism and post-modernism - my class never really looked at humanism but different aspects/ideas presented by the text/themes etc.

Do any of you have any tips for essay writing on this novel??? Any tips at all would be invaluble because my essay writing for this topic currently sux. Thank-yas all!

miss_bloom

Bindi i sympathise completely! writing essays for critical study module is so much harder than any of the other modules because we have to deal with so much literary theory and its so easy to just start crapping on about the theory part and forget to write about your actual texts (oops) because some things i cant differentiate between post-colonial and post-modern because they're all the bloody same! hmm but i think the most important part is to put in: 1. heaps and heaps of quotes and examples to illustrate any point you make about postmodernism or postcolonialism because its easy to bullsht on about abstract theory (teachers hate that), 2. put in some quotations by literary theorists to give you a starting point to organise your ideas (makes me sound more intelligent), 3. try to use the words "postmodern" and "postcolonial" as little as poss (teachers like that), 4. and when in doubt, say its POSTMODERN (because in postmodernism anything goes!)

Bindi

Thanks!

thanks heaps miss_bloom your a babe! I'll put all your tips to the test for sure!!!

sebski

HSC
Guy's i can usually handle these abstract post modern text's but this one is really troubling me if you guys have any study notes or notes at all relating to it pls help me out.

email is :jpud@eftel.net.au

Thanks Heaps,

Seb

scotttttttttt

HSC
edit: dickhead friend posting shit in my account. -_-

Last edited:

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
just a moment with the readings, people tend to forget two of the biggest ones to play around with with this novel, Marxist and Pyschoanalytical. Both are very easy to do with this text aswell, i'm trying to find my notes now on these readings and i shall upload them onto this forum when i find them, if you looking for a study guide for this module go for the macquarie advanced english modules old copy will still be COMPLETELY valid as for this module has stayed the same just with some inclusions of new texts, this is a old one. This text is actually quite easy to do, just find 3 readings that you know well, one based around humanity (i suggest Marxism or Physcoanalytical), one around history (Post-Colonialism) and one around strucuture (Post-Modernist or any other). Once you know these just get some good quotes like thiers one about the fractured images of thier lives or something along those lines V.G. quote for structure, and don't forget if your doing physcoanalytical look at frued, and the stuff about "her hand moved up and down his cock...an intricate art", frued to the bone (no pun intend of course), sexuality is big part of the story "bye, bye firefly", simple but sexually pervocative. But good luck and i will get those notes up as soon as i find them.

EvilRobotMan

HSC
In the Skin of a Lion is so good, it's one of my favourite books, but everyone in my class is a little freaked out by it because they haven't read it before.
If this is you, then read the Excel guide to In the Skin of a Lion, it's in the Advanced English textbook, it's a good starting point if your a little confused. =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)