In The Wild Help!!!! (1 Viewer)

DannyT23

HSC
Hey guys,
id really appreciate some help here, esspecially because of my lack of artistic ability. I have an english assesment due in a 1.5 weeks that I have to create a 'DVD cover' incorporating 5 themes from both BNW and BR that shows my understanding of in the wild... I have no idea what to put in

PLEASE HELP ME lol... thankyou!!!:)

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
hehehe look at the various relationships between the two texts and then incorporate them. In the Wild is ultimately Humanity's relationship with the natural world so maybe if you look at the various ways NATURE and wat is considered NATURAL are affected or altered or perceived in both texts.

the theme of birth or reproduction/procreation and how that is dealt with both texts in an interesting one. likewise how about the relationship each text has with the natural process of day and night and the environment?

im just tossing around some ideas to help you formulate your own thoughts. :)

robo-andie

HSC
Is it a cover for the actual DVD or a cover for the DVD case?

Eh, either way, I would be contrasting pictures of the unnatural with the natural, the heavy use of technology and reliance on industry. Cloning, genetics (so the double helix?), and cyborgs.....
Some use of eyes and a reference to totalitarianism (maybe a transparent or hidden picture of Hitler?).

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
robo-andie said:
a reference to totalitarianism (maybe a transparent or hidden picture of Hitler?).
yeh, then u can keep going and add pictures of Karl Marx, Stalin and Benito Mussolini. :p

k8tus

HSC
well seeing as you have to design a cover perhaps you could have an owl (key feature in BR) settled ontop of the Tyrell corporation building looking down on all the bleak and desolate city scape, such as the 3 furnaces that breath fire into the sky in the opening shots and to represent BNW have a heap of look alikes that are showing their disgust at nature and perhaps throw in the totaliatarin stuff and obivisoly technoology advancement leaving people inthe dark to some extent about the natural environemnt around them... now i know that sounds like a total mess but i am sure that after reading it along with other peoples suggestions and your own thoughts you could come up with something that really gets to the point and doesnt look like a piece of non thought through ideas...sorry if that doesnt make any sense at all... oh well good luck...hope it helped a bit

DannyT23

HSC
yeah i gotta make a cover that is for the theme in the wild, but i also have to rite 75 words on each 'scene' that i would make in the movie.. so i practically gotta make em up... and then i gotta rite an essay of 1000 words on this:
***A forward dat explains the contents of da dvd...comparison, how the texts shape n reflect humanity's relationship to the natural world n y the two texts still in value in todays society**** omg... you guys have beeen so helpful so far please keep it coming :rofl:

robo-andie

HSC
DannyT23 said:
n y the two texts still in value in todays society****
They still comment on issue relevant to our society. Environmental concerns, consequences of genetic science/manipulation, consumerism and industry.

DannyT23

HSC
hmmmm yeahhhh im getting it... but i still dont get wat to make the 5 scenes out 2 be... does ne1 have ne ideas... im really appreciating this guys~~!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)