In Year 11 - What subject should I drop? (1 Viewer)

suckishstudent

HSC
Hey there,

My subject selection for year 12 is coming up very soon, and I was wondering what subject everyone thinks I should drop. I want to pick up History Extension, although I don't want to be doing 13 units :'(

I currently do:

English Advanced
Ancient History
Modern History
Society & Culture
Business Studies
Drama

I'm averaging A's in all of my subjects, and I enjoy all of them. Thoughts??

Last edited:

Snowflek

HSC
This is your own decision to decide which to drop. Only you know how much you enjoy a subject, and how well you perform in the subject.
You can try to pick up extension history if you want, and keep 13 units and see how you go in the year 12 tests to see which subject you want to drop.

bujolover

HSC
Hey there,

My subject selection for year 12 is coming up very soon, and I was wondering what subject everyone thinks I should drop. I want to pick up History Extension, although I don't want to be doing 13 units :'(

I currently do:

English Advanced
Ancient History
Modern History
Society & Culture
Business Studies
Drama

I'm averaging A's in all of my subjects, and I enjoy all of them. Thoughts??
Look at the subjects you perform "worst" in. Then, out of those, drop the one with the least scaling. Hopefully that works in your favour. :)

blackbird_14

HSC
You could keep all your subjects and pick up extension, then after your first HSC assessment, look at your scores and ranks and then decide.

Flop55

HSC
personally, if i were you i would drop society and culture, but it's your choice.

Robbie M

HSC
I think if you cannot decide on what subject to drop then you shouldn't drop anything at all, pick up ext History and see how the year plays out, if you have trouble on a subject you always have that safety net of dropping later on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)