In your opinion what is the most important subject? (1 Viewer)

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
foram said:
but you're not in uni yet. You're doing your hsc this year right? so you're not a uni student.
ummmm i was quoting a guy that is at uni.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Economics is to me,

It is the most applable subject I'm doing (refer to sig) and alot of Australians are unsure about interes rates and taxation, just complaining when they have to pay more.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
3unitz said:
you dont need english if you want to do engenerring at uni.
Wouldn't there be times where you need to write up reports?

Or am i thinking more Management Engineering?

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
im willing to bet what ever you come out as from engineering at uni, you'll need to address a group of people, write a formal letter or report, at some stage.

born2pry

HSC
Gay Captain said:
That's not actually true, if you kept up to date with modern biological science you'd know they recently discovered a gene which makes Asian people more adept at mathematics and the physical sciences.
More adept at science than caucasians or more adept at science than they themselves are at arts-based subjects? It's easy to dismiss the overall intelligence of Asians as a purely maths/science ability because we live in English speaking country. Asians are no worse at languages than Europeans. Duh. A smart Asian will almost definitely be as skilled at their native language as a smart European would be at theirs. And a smart (ESL) Asian would be just as able to pick up other Asian languages as a European to pick up other European languages.

And you can't really argue that Asians aren't brilliant at art, music and drama. Even sport.

And if you do.. It's probably more of a cultural emphasis on the academic (over other stuff) than a genetic predisposition that makes them better at "smart" subjects.

Argh. Tired... Chances are this was completely unneccessary and you agree with me but mehhhhhh. Procrastination comes in its many forms...

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
Languages other than English.... They promote understanding and clear communication for travel and international relations throughout the world.

ALeksa01

HSC
Probably maths, even though im doing general. I think its a vital part for the future and everyday life.

Apart from maths possibly business or (computing studies: which i dont do) because of technological advances and the rise of small business'

karnage

HSC
Most relevant and something i can relate to. Physics, Economics, hate to admit but prob english as well. *shudders*

nandison

HSC
bro i think english is the most important then comes watever you wanna become , only because english is communication and you need good communication to get anywhere in life!!! buhh yerrr urrmmm

can anyone send me a message if you can help with english stuff , im finishing this year??!!!!!

Aplus

HSC
N/A
aliyosufi said:
It depends.

For women id say home economics. cooking textiles community and familty studies etc.
Males probably Maths Economics Physics PDHPE IPT Technics etc
You're really stereotyping and generalising there you know?

madd-eh?

Super Member.
HSC
maths.

as if everyone who completes yr 12 needs to be pro on analysing texts which are irrelevant to everyday life.

trikta

HSC
Although Science would be the LAST thing i'd chose, it's important, we need our doctors etc.

But in relevance to everyday life, i think Society and Culture, it teaches english skills as it is a course based on literacy and this society bombarded with chat speak and all that crap NEEDS literacy. And it teaches history as well as current affairs.

Imagine a world leader who didn't know any history! "I'm sure no one in the past EVER wanted to get rid of an entire race... what could happpen?"

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Math. Imagine not knowing calculus, you wouldn't be able to even do projectile motion. :eek: You wouldn't even be able to do maxima minima problems.

WannaBang?

HSC
Definitely Economics. When the Aussie dollar depreciates and everybody is frantically panicing, I'll sit back, have a laugh, and buy a whole lot of stocks.

WannaBang?

HSC
foram said:
Math. Imagine not knowing calculus, you wouldn't be able to even do projectile motion. :eek: You wouldn't even be able to do maxima minima problems.
He's right! Imagine a world where people don't even know the volume of water available in a 5 meter water tank!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)