• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

incest... (1 Viewer)

G

go_elizabeth

ok i know thaT THIS is a bit left field... BUT...does anyone here no of , of have done themselves, something to do with sisters/ brothers, or step sisters/brothers or cousins or anything hell seedy??

eternity_

I havent personally done anything incest..

did u know that if 2 bloodrelated ppl have unprotected sex and the girl gets pregnant.. there is a higher chance of deformities in the kid.. this actually happened to my cuzins

my aunty and uncle were first cuzins.. they married and has twins.. they are my age now.. but the twins were born with an incurable skin desies.. its like this itchy stuff all over their body and like chiken poks sorta.. but it dont go away

and also one of my frends got caught making out with his cuzin.. that was just funny.. we give him so much shit for that

Mumma

HSC
Cousin relationships are pretty common in some countries.

What is the point of this thread? You wanna experiment with your parents/siblings or something :eek:

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
if two first cousins get married and its like a one off thing, there wont be anything wrong with the children. however, if their children marry cousins etc etc and it goes on and on through the generation the blood will be too similar and the kids will be born fucked...

G

go_elizabeth

Mumma said:
Cousin relationships are pretty common in some countries.

What is the point of this thread? You wanna experiment with your parents/siblings or something :eek:
no no... cos i wonder how ocmon it is... cos of mean girls u know lol

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
ewwwwwwww
i use to kno ppl who were lik 2nd cousins.. but thats overseas..

id avoid my family tree converging..

Mumma

HSC
Well, I wasnt seriously thinking youd want to experiment with your siblings or something, just this topic is very odd and is rarely discussed.

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
My cousin married his second cousin and they had a kid and she turned out fine. Is that incest still?

Mumma

HSC
My cousin married his second cousin and they had a kid and she turned out fine. Is that incest still?
As I said, cousin relationships are considered quiet normal in some parts of the world . The chance of a defect in offspring is very low, or much lower than brother-sister relationships. I think the whole "eww cousins" attitude is a pretty recent one. My history teacher, something like 2 years ago, told us that his grandparents were cousins and it wa considered quiet normal. Cousin relationships were probably more common "in the old days' probably because of close, small communities. Their decline could have possibly occurred because of the world opening up to itself, as larger distances became easier to travel and more and more people started meeting each other the need for cousin relationships started declining rapidly.

I would imagine in cultures where arranged marriages are still popular, cousin marriages would be pretty common, though I dont really know wether that’s true or not.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
go_elizabeth said:
ok i know thaT THIS is a bit left field... BUT...does anyone here no of , of have done themselves, something to do with sisters/ brothers, or step sisters/brothers or cousins or anything hell seedy??
yeah, AJ :p

errrm seriously, my friend's cousin married her cousin... but i think they're cousins by marriage

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
bubz :D said:
errrm seriously, my friend's cousin married her cousin... but i think they're cousins by marriage
How does that work? Cause like, your cousins are always blood related to you. Unless they're not your 1st cousins.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
The problem with children being born with deformities from blood relatives comes when there is some sort of disease that runs in the family. If there is two relatives having a kid it is likely they will express that disease whilst if a family member with the disease married someone outside the family (who most likely doesnt carry it) there is an almost certain chance the disease wont be expressed

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
jumb said:
How does that work? Cause like, your cousins are always blood related to you. Unless they're not your 1st cousins.
yeah i think it's something like that. it's just something she mentioned in passing.

it's completely legal to marry your first cousin, though.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Yeah but it IS frowned upon by society for good reason.

I seriously don't understand the mechanics of having a cousin through marriage.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
use to be very common in england.........

It was very common amongst the royal families of Europe. The Romanovs of Russia were terribly inbred...........

and as someone was saying, the problem of incest is, that in a NORMAL family, if there is a particular genetic disposition towards some sort of disease in one side of the family, so long as the other side of the family does not have this genetic disposition, the children will turn out ok. However if BOTH sides have the predisposition, there can be problems. Therefore, if you have 2 ppl from the same family having kids, the chances of deformities becomes higher. It's to do with dominant and recessive genes........etc.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)