incline plane (1 Viewer)

liamkk112

HSC
1697143619162.png
how do u get an exact value for this? i can approximate but idk how tf they got D with an angle of 37

thx

SB257426

Very Important User
HSC
its a bit weird i understand because u really are going to have to find each option in the mc as a decimal and see which one ur answre is closes to This is north sydney boys 2023 and i did this paper.... didnt really like it tbh.

Along the plane the components of motion are mgsin(alpha) [parallel to the plane and down], f [which is friction pointing down the slope], and there is a component of the 'F' force in the direction up the plane. Once you find this u will get sum of force along the plane = 0 because it is in equilibrium. Thats how i did it and i got an answer close to D

SB257426

Very Important User
HSC
its a bit weird i understand because u really are going to have to find each option in the mc as a decimal and see which one ur answre is closes to This is north sydney boys 2023 and i did this paper.... didnt really like it tbh.

Along the plane the components of motion are mgsin(alpha) [parallel to the plane and down], f [which is friction pointing down the slope], and there is a component of the 'F' force in the direction up the plane. Once you find this u will get sum of force along the plane = 0 because it is in equilibrium. Thats how i did it and i got an answer close to D
taking the direction up as +ve u sum everything up and make the substitution f=F, and simply solve for F :)

liamkk112

HSC

yea that’s what i did but i was wondering if there was a way to get an exact answer like they did but ig not

carrotsss

HSC
yeah idk why the hell they would not make it such that exact values are obtained.... just north sydney things ig
the question says nearest value so it sorta makes sense, like it’s definitely something I could see them trying to catch people out with in the hsc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)