Incomplete Results (1 Viewer)

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Is the ban over? LAW317 is up for those who've been waiting for it.
omg it is up wooflippinhoo! thank god i didn't fail, it was actually the opposite. now i can spend rest of my holiday anxiety free :drink:

ameher

HSC
Yep, still one of my units showing incomplete, however one result went up today.

mrbsting

HSC
You're right ameher. Still one more subject to go for me, but I'm not worried as i'm expecting either a distinction or credit.

Monstar

HSC
Hi guys,

Just been reading on the NTEU site and some contributor has claimed that the strike has ended meaning we're getting results. Hopefully its tomorrow or something if its true!

kevinant

HSC
Initially I thought this is just some staff want higher increase, but from a lot of emails and what has been happening, this strike thing is not just simply about the salary increase and enterprise agreement.
The university has decided to cut off the funding for the science faculty , this results in less units being offered next year. This has affected students of the science faculty as the number of choices for them has reduced...
(Look at some science departments websites, contrary to what we got in the email, a significant number of units has been discontinued because of this budget reduction).

Monstar

HSC
As much as I hate to say this but at the end of the day, the university is a business designed to generate profits. Now its always been my belief that the biggest generator of revenues would be our business department and arts department. I don't often hear of people coming to macquarie for its science programme but rather it business/arts. So therefore it'd make economic sense to direct cash to the strongest points of the organisation. And our business department has some academic superstars whose opinion are often sought by countries whose tertiary systems dwarf ours (USA,UK etc)

Is the science department developing any meaningful research? Will it in turn generate grants? how are student enrolments? All of these questions will probably weigh into the allocation of resources.. Stemming funding to a department is not a task that is taken light heartedly. With that being said, you could probably put forward an argument that the VC/whoever is in charge of running the university is myopic in this sense.. (ie there could be meaningful developments in the pipeline but with no cash, they won't come to fruition).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)