Indepth analysis VS. More than One Ep (1 Viewer)

karoooh

HSC
For Frontline, would it be ok if I just talked about "We Ain't got Dames" indepthly, with 3/4 Supp. texts, which vary from indepth analysis to an 'average' analysis that isn't so shallow?

Because I find that I have a lot to say from that episode as I feel it touches on a lot of the issues about media and the truth. Is it advised? Beause I know if I did it like that, I'd still come out with the same length essay as I would with the standard 2 eps. + 2 Supps.

Lizcat

HSC
its still recommended that u know all the episodes.. coz u never know what the Q might ask.. coz there are alot of other examples about "telling the truth" in the other episodes

karoooh

HSC
I know! :)

But would it be ok if I just wrote about "We Ain't Got Dames", if they just say, 'Refer to your prescribed text'?

Lizcat

HSC
not really sure.. but it might disadvantage you, because the presribed text is more than just one episode. Maybe to be on the safe side refer to another example from another episode that backs up what your saying.

purplepixie

HSC
I'd reccommend that you still refer to more than one episode.
You could still look at that particular episode in-depth while just giving one or two examples from other episodes.

karoooh

HSC
Damn! :(

Ok then... Could you guys help me with one last thing? What did Brooke say to Mrs. Forbes, in "The Siege", when she didn't cry the 2nd time she said the message?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I remember she said something like "Could you cry like you did before again...?" [that's not the exact quote sorry] or are you referring to how Brooke responded after Mrs Forbes attempted to cry the second time?

I'm doing 2 of the Frontline episodes "in-depth"; I think using only 1 episode would be risky, especially if the question asks for something that's hard to answer with that episode. BUT if you're confident with it and think you've analysed the episode effectively, then there's nothing stopping you from going for it! :)

Last edited:

The Cruel Sea

HSC
You need to impress upon the marker your have an all encompassing knowledge of the prescribed text as a whole. Do so by making some general comments about the characteristic features of each episode's depiction of truth's representation, then suggest why 'We aint got dames' is of such significance that it overrides the necessity to address the others as critcally.

'Now just incase that very moving message that you gave to Gavin didn't come out, would you mind if we went again?'
'Right, and just feel free to be as open as you were before because Gavin will know you're really upset, ann you could really turn things around, Okay.'

'Mrs. Forbes would you be able to... cry again' Brooke

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)