India's economic growth likely to overtake China's (1 Viewer)

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
Soon, possibly as early as next year, India's economy will be growing faster than China's, and will continue to do so from then on.

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Can India's economy overtake China?

A relatively obvious observation, IMHO, but it may come as quite a reality check to some - including those within our own government. We should not become so blinded by opportunities in Chinese growth and investment that we forget about the same opportunities emerging in places like India and Indonesia.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
Not for another 40 or so years I think.
Hmm. Did you read the article?

Judging by your post I can only surmise two possibilities: you can't read, or mistook 'economy' for 'economic growth', which I guess comes back to not being able to read. :p

To be sure, China's economy is bigger than India's (about twice as big), and will be for a while, yet their populations are almost the same, and that is a large part of the reason why India's economic growth will overtake China's soon: India has more untapped potential.

It is the same reason that the developed world's economic growth is usually in the 2% to 4% range, while somewhere like East Timor has something ridiculous like 20% growth.

The best thing (for Australia) about India, aside from it not being full of communist-run "private" businesses, is that its economy is essentially only just getting started at a time when China is maturing and starting to slow down, guaranteeing the success Australia's resources sector for many decades to come.

zstar

HSC
N/A
What a stupid article.

They're comparing South Asia to East Asia considering East Asia is far ahead economically compared to the South Asian countries of course they'll grow faster.

Furthermore India still runs trade sizeable trade deficits, Not a good economic model for an emerging economy.

Lentern

HSC
Soon, possibly as early as next year, India's economy will be growing faster than China's, and will continue to do so from then on.

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Can India's economy overtake China?

A relatively obvious observation, IMHO, but it may come as quite a reality check to some - including those within our own government. We should not become so blinded by opportunities in Chinese growth and investment that we forget about the same opportunities emerging in places like India and Indonesia.
It's funny that in away what has happened in the cricketing world in recent years is likely to happen to the international community as well. A huge amount of revenue will get tied up in a subcontinent bloc who will collaborate fairly well and wield enormous influence over decisions taken by the ICC/UN.

I'm surprised its happening so quickly but it has been no secret that before too long a kind of NWO would emerge with India and China becoming economic juggernauts through sheer force of numbers.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Good im glad. Much rather an Indian world than a Chinese one. The Indians at least have much love for the West/British. I also find every Indian that I meet to be absolutely charming! Good, warm, family-oriented people. I welcome our new overlords and wish them well in their devastating war with China

banco55

HSC
Meanwhile Pakistan the shithole will fall further and further behind India in every facet of life. Good stuff. Hopefully India can keep its foot on the throat of that useless country so we don't have to deal with their exporting of terrorism.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Good im glad. Much rather an Indian world than a Chinese one. The Indians at least have much love for the West/British. I also find every Indian that I meet to be absolutely charming! Good, warm, family-oriented people. I welcome our new overlords and wish them well in their devastating war with China
This.

Despite Bollywood, I believe I can reconcile myself with Indian culture over Chinese when we are eventually invaded by one of the two.

Plus Indian food > Chinese food.

On that note:

Heard a funny joke today "how do you know when an indian is hungry? when his arse stops burning." So true.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
bwahahahaha yeah right.
It totally is.

Indian food is unique and you have to go to genuine Indian places to get it good. If you want Chinese-like food you can go to any Vietnamese/Thai/Cantonese/Japanese restaurant to get similar-ish fare.

+ naan bread. Fucking naan bread m8

HSC
N/A
It totally is.

Indian food is unique and you have to go to genuine Indian places to get it good. If you want Chinese-like food you can go to any Vietnamese/Thai/Cantonese/Japanese restaurant to get similar-ish fare.

+ naan bread. Fucking naan bread m8
naan bread is paki :p Infact naan bread roots goes back to the tribal areas of Pak! LOL

anyways, south Asian food is very regionalized as well. Pretty much each each state has its own unique culture and food. Personally, I wouldnt eat anything from south India simply because their style of food isnt for my liking and the south Indian culture feels very foreign to me.

Bendent

HSC
haha chinese = vietnamese foods > italian > japanese > korean > indian for me

my mum thinks it looks like poo

my dad likes it

zstar

HSC
N/A
Indian food is 90% curry.

How on earth is that better than Chinese food?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
i work with a lot of indians
and i enjoy the company of chinese people more
if only because indians are always too happy

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
I refuse to submit to the fact that Chinese food is better than Indian. Lamb Rogan Josh with naan bread fucking kicks ass.

I also like Vietnamese and Thai food, but fuck I reckon Chinese is shit (had 2 or 3 dining experiences which have been unpleasant, so I can make this conclusion).

U.S.A

Banned
HSC
north indian food > south indian food.

Id pretty much eat every single type of cuisine on earth before I eat south Indian food

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)