Indigenous child abuse doubles in NT (1 Viewer)

enterspacebar

HSC
N/A
A new study has found abuse of Indigenous children in the Northern Territory has doubled in the period between 2007 and 2008 compared to the previous year.
The report from the Institute of Health and Welfare also shows Indigenous children were six times more likely to be abused than non-Indigenous children.
The new figures show that while child abuse has fallen in some states, the Territory has recorded the country's biggest rise.
The report found that:In 2007-2008, the abuse of Territory children under 16 was 1.2 per cent, up from 0.9 the year before;the rate of abused Indigenous children was 2.4 per cent, compared to 1.7 per cent the year before; andTerritory children younger than 12 months were the most common age group to be abused, at 2.5 per cent, the highest rate for that age group across the nationNeglect was the most prevalent form of abuse against Indigenous children in the Northern Territory, while emotional abuse was the most common form against non-Indigenous children.
The Northern Territory also recorded the highest percent of physically abused Indigenous children compared to other states.
But the Territory had the lowest rates of Indigenous children on care and protection orders across the nation.
Three hundred and twenty one children were admitted to care and protection orders during the period, with 87 per cent of those admitted for the first time.
Most abuse was reported by police or hospital and health centres.
source

rasengan90

HSC
I am going to try and be an optimist here and say that possibly the rate of the report of child abuse has doubled rather than the actual rate of child abuse.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I am going to try and be an optimist here and say that possibly the rate of the report of child abuse has doubled rather than the actual rate of child abuse.
I'm guessing that's almost certainly the case.

Also LOL, so much better and happier than western culture!

КГБ

Banned
HSC
i cant stand these self pitty scums who waste their whole life on blaming whites. if my dad can make a life for himslef after landing in Australia with $10 then anyone can.

abos= fail

overRun

HSC
Some abos r alright, but some r just ediots, i dont like abos who think they all ganksta's, thinking they top of the world, to all the abos out there ur not get a job and stop stealin.

overRun

HSC
And Kevin Rudd is a Fag for sayin sorry to abos, he has no right for what the governments did bak then, He should have stuck to john howards way saying sorry on behalf of the government but not a personal one, its no like John Howard or Kevin Rudd actually did it.

SO TO KEVIN RUDD YOUR A FAG...
for saying sorry

To the abos why do u need a sorry its not like its gonna bring ur children bak

Craven

HSC
Neglect was the most prevalent form of abuse against Indigenous children in the Northern Territory, while emotional abuse was the most common form against non-Indigenous children.
I wonder what constitutes emotional abuse... and neglect itself does not entail emotional abuse? The whites are just sooks then; and they don't care about Indigenous kids' feelings (???)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)