• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Indigenous housing 'the worst' (1 Viewer)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Lol, what you on about? Those are the main issues which effect indigenous people as a group, if you eliminate these problems, they'll conform and then society becomes productive. (The social-disorders, are a major contributor to the problems, or are the problems. )

We don't live in a muslim country, and as always (If you can't prove it don't say it. ) I want proof of that statement, genuine proof. (not one persons delusional recount, a proper document or political statement, or an ongoing list of activities which proves this.)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Pick an islamic nation. Any one. Now look for a non-islamic, or even an islamic minority, and see how they are victimized.
Okay, I pick... Egypt. And "Muslim Alawi" as the minority, (which is something like 0.1%) Also, compare that too Greek with the 5-10% of Turkish Muslims.

Which is more discriminatory? (Ofcourse considering the countries legal and ethical systems). Remeber it isn't discrimination if the countries populations believe in strict laws, that's just a proper representation of that particular societies cultural and ethical beliefs.

It's like when Australians go to Indonesia, we expect them to abide by that countries laws, so long as it doesn't violate human rights.

Last edited:

dora_18

HSC
sam04u said:
Yeah, Great people those :D. (I didn't mean all, alot of aboriginal people are nice, good people. Unfortunately, some are caught up in social disorders.)
Yes but you have to attempt to comprehend WHY it is that the Aboriginal people are now caught up in "social disorders" and live the way they do.

For starters, after European colonisation the Aboriginal culture was stripped of the only life they knew how to live, their health detoriorated rapidly and continues to do so through the lack of dietary intake, prior to settlement their diet was high in protein and low in saturated fat and now consits of refined carbohydrates and a high saturated fat content. This inevitably gave rise to health complications, such as diabetes, liver and heat disease etc...their life expectancy is also significantly lower than the average Australia, ~59 for males and ~62 for females.

Rebelion and the problematic aspects that arose from this group of people including the issues they now face with social disorders such as gambling and substance abuse issues, was only inevitable.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Lol, Dora read a few posts up I already know why :D.

Generator

HSC
N/A
sam04u said:
Remeber it isn't discrimination if the countries populations believe in strict laws, that's just a proper representation of that particular societies cultural and ethical beliefs.
That's a load of crap, sam - an act of discrimination is still an act of discrimination whether it is officially sanctioned or not.

Last edited:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Lol, no dude. I mean, If it's illegal for anyone to walk around australia naked. Then, a religion called nudist-buudhist was created. Where you had to be nude in publice, then the government charging you wouldn't be discrimination, right? (because it is the countries beliefs that nobody should walk in the streets naked. )

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
So what you're saying sam... is that if you're a black person in colonial america and you feel you're being discriminated against, it's not really discrimination because it's the countries belief that black people are inferior?

You're oversimplifying the issue in your example.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
No, you're right it was a bit vague. But, if the same laws apply to everyone, and society believes it to be fair and non-discriminatory. Then it isn't really discrimination right?

I mean, discrimination takes on all forms and some is lawful and some is unlawful. All countries are influenced according to Human Rights, basically. So unless, a country outlaws a particular right for a minority group then it isn't 'technically' unlawful discrimination. Right?

eg(The nudist example. )

My point is that 'the majority of muslim countries, do not discriminate toward minority religions', so it is wrong to say they do. My example was the Alawi Muslims, a small minority which the 'contemporary muslims', are technically against. (Because of the supposed modification to the holy text by the Alawi's) however they are treated as first class citizens. Contrary to Anti-Mathmites beliefs.

-1-

Comrade nathan

HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
No, i was being nice, but you mistakenly thought i was being racist due to my previous post. Hence you lose.

I said "they have a different way of life" meaning that they didn't have sole ownership of the land or any means of production, it was collectively owned, hence they didn't need to develop things that capitalist countries did.
You were being nice? You quote a comment about Aboriginal people bringing up the past, and say it has to do with a way of life. I asked you to explain that. You have not yet done this. That's not being nice, that's a fragment arguement, you haven't explained the connection between view of life and the Australian Indigenous rights movement. I can only assume you don't know what your talking about.

1. Ban Alcohol and Tobacco and make it harder to obtain Illegal Drugs.
2. Restrict 'unemployed people' from gambling mid-high ammounts of money.
Paternalism is a failure. What you're actually proposing is paternalism way beyond anything that has been implemented in Australia's history. Also substance abuse and gambling abuse is normally a reaction to other problems. Treating people like idiots doesn't make problems go away, there has to be a conclusion and plan that actively involves Aboriginal people, rather then dictating to them like kids.

banco55

HSC
Comrade nathan said:
Paternalism is a failure. What you're actually proposing is paternalism way beyond anything that has been implemented in Australia's history. Also substance abuse and gambling abuse is normally a reaction to other problems. Treating people like idiots doesn't make problems go away, there has to be a conclusion and plan that actively involves Aboriginal people, rather then dictating to them like kids.
Self determination hasn't exactly being a great sucess either. If they are going to behave like idiots they should expect to be treated as idiots. Anyone who has to be coerced into actually cleaning their kids (like in the famous petrol for cleaning of kids faces deal) are idiots.

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
Leaving aside the fact that self-determination doesn't exist within Australia (it's "self-management", supposedly), the capacity for a people to manage their own affairs must be developed and nurtured because it cannot just happen over night following a budgetary announcement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)