Individual in Society (1 Viewer)

Valeroso

HSC
study buddy said:
Well I didn't want to write about a dude.. cause it wouldn't have fit my prepared story, so I just pretended it was a person, not a specific sex... I just assumed the picture could be interpreted ambiguously, so I made him a her. Does that make sense? Or not? Because I havent been making a lot of sense today.
Hahaha, you're funny! Your examiner is gonna be one confused person. The person in the photo has no androgynous elements about him - he's bald and uberly male, haha. But don't worry - my creative piece is not based on a piece of"imaginative writing" - so my examiners will be just as confused.

study buddy

troglodyte
HSC
Mine won't even know that I was doin I&S-- forgot to specify. It shows I&S, and its set in 1832, but dude, theyre going to be so lost. P.S. I wrote a letter too. Imaginative has gotta = letter, or i'm a monkey's aunt.

Valeroso

HSC
study buddy said:
Wait, what? You could write a letter! Imaginative writing means anything as long as its made up, right?
Yep, but the question asked for it in a totally different way.

"Incorporate the provided text as a significant moment in a piece of imaginative writing that explores and expresses ways of thining in the elective you have studied"

Now, can someone please tell me if that means the question expected to me to pretend the man was writing a novel/poem/cannonical-like-text? Or could it have meant that my significant moment is written in a letter form? (I.E Man's struggle with culture/family - writing to his wife via letter)

Hm, now that I've dissected it, I think I have hope that I didn't fuck it up so badly. But that of course, is dependant upon everyone elses replies.

study buddy

troglodyte
HSC
I think its the latter. I just worked it into my letter by saying I was forbidden by my clergyman husband to write to my sister, so I was forced into the storage cupboard (not seeing the bed :p) in order to write to her, and tell her I was leaving my husband to become an Evangelist. I think that works right? Please say right

Valeroso

HSC
study buddy said:
Mine won't even know that I was doin I&S-- forgot to specify. It shows I&S, and its set in 1832, but dude, theyre going to be so lost. P.S. I wrote a letter too. Imaginative has gotta = letter, or i'm a monkey's aunt.
Hahahaha! You know, I'm really trying to remember if I even specified what I was doing. I THINK I specified it... I remember writing down "Elective 1: Individual and Society" but I just don't know where. I don't think you could have written it in the essay because the question answered was stated....so I guess I wrote it in the Creative paper. I'm just over-reacting and you're just getting a dose of my stream of consciousness :)

study buddy said:
I think its the latter. I just worked it into my letter by saying I was forbidden by my clergyman husband to write to my sister, so I was forced into the storage cupboard (not seeing the bed :p) in order to write to her, and tell her I was leaving my husband to become an Evangelist. I think that works right? Please say right
I am HOPING it's the latter! So um...you can have a very scared version of r..r..r....right.

Valeroso

HSC
Unless of course, someone says r..r..r....rong! (Pft, I don't study English anymore! I don't need to know how to spell! Duh!)

study buddy

troglodyte
HSC
Scared is not an option. Embrace your masculinity and assure me, the stereotypically fragile and naiive teenage girl that everything is going to be alright. I implore you! And if you don't, i'll seek you out and introduce you to mister fist ;)

Valeroso

HSC
If you cannot accept my scared r..r..r....right, then might you consider accepting my in-denial-hoping-it's-right r..r..r....right? After all, if I am too embrace my masculinity, I am assuming being in denial is one main characteristic, correct? Do accept my forbearance! Tis keeping me sane indeed! (As for the mister fist, I can't say bondage is my thing - I must refuse)

study buddy

troglodyte
HSC
Denial is accepted, with unexpected gusto, because the actions my 19th century counterparts have taught me that in order to be an individual, and emancipate myself from the restrictions social convention has placed on me, I am to pretend you, the dominant male, are always right. therefore, my dear, your in-denial-hoping-its-r r r right is merely your modesty shining through, like the sun on a cloudy day.

Valeroso

HSC
Glad I could assist you in all your endeavors, madam. *bows* Though I must say, acting British does make me feel less masculine, though tis good to see that you have accepted my deniality (not a word) - I think I have accepted it also, and I now look forward to a Band 6! Oh what the hell, I look forward to a 50/50 baby, yeah! Oh and um..in pure Victorian fashion, I have not known you one hour, but I must tell you how I ardently admire and love you - hence I ask for your consent to be my wife!

study buddy

troglodyte
HSC
I accept, purely with the thought that theres a possibility you look like the fantastic beast who first uttered those words to me.. Firthy. Set a date, and I shall turn up with my overbearing mother and two giggling sisters.

(and you thought I was talking about the Bennets.. WRONG!)

Valeroso

HSC
Why that's excellent news! How does tommorow sound? Infact, make it tonight! Yes yes, tonight! And we shall be Valersosan's! And we can make children and name them Valeroso Jnr, and Valeroso Jnr Number Two! And why not? One Study Budy here and there in our family can't help either! As for my appearance, does a slim 5'9ish guy sound beastish for you? Or does your statement refer strangely to a Beastie Boy? In this day and age, ambiguity is everywhere! You can't doubt me for over thinking :) (But just so we don't have a fantastic-beast-deficit, my best man I hear is Italian - self explanatory I shall hope)

study buddy

troglodyte
HSC
Forget tonight, we were married yesterday! It was arranged by our ext teachers, a union of our ambiguous minds, beneficial to both parties-- we will never be certain about anything! 5'9 works for me, our children will be ambiguous *and* tall, and the girls will reject their prescribed role and follow their mother's footsteps to the footy field. You're best man is Italian! Fantastic! He can utter sweet nothings to my maid of honour, a tanned beauty.

study buddy

troglodyte
HSC
Alas, my flirtatious sister has at this second run away with a gingerbread man. I must run run run as fast as I can to catch them. Ciao, my tall, slim beast. Till it is morrow, Adieu.

chalkie

HSC
Your 19th century speech intrigues me....let me have a go..

SUP NIGZ......CATCH YA LATER BRA...KEEP IT REAL HOMMIE....

I hope i do well in my exam, i was trying to be ever so creative.

Valeroso

HSC
Study Budy said:
Forget tonight, we were married yesterday! It was arranged by our ext teachers, a union of our ambiguous minds, beneficial to both parties-- we will never be certain about anything! 5'9 works for me, our children will be ambiguous *and* tall, and the girls will reject their prescribed role and follow their mother's footsteps to the footy field. You're best man is Italian! Fantastic! He can utter sweet nothings to my maid of honour, a tanned beauty.
Yesterday it is! I always thought my extension teacher had a crush on me (or maybe it was vice versa) so it surprises me that she arranged our wedding - though English teachers are traditionally born ambiguous, I suppose I should already be used to the countless plot twists that occur here and there. Oh well, marriage life here I come! I see you've already gained a level of autonomy and sense of self after our marriage - I am proud of you! Though now my Finnish friend may want to be the best man - is there such thing as having two best men? If there is, feel free to have two maid of honours! Breaking convention is teh r0x!

Study Budy said:
Alas, my flirtatious sister has at this second run away with a gingerbread man. I must run run run as fast as I can to catch them. Ciao, my tall, slim beast. Till it is morrow, Adieu.
Ah, this is my punishment for taking a while to respond. (I was trying to resolve the argument that my Finnish and Italian friend got involved in, you see?) May you catch the gingerbread man and until next time my fair lady! Adieu adieu!

EDIT: Aww, I posted my 100th message on these forums on you! Feel priviledged!

Last edited:

study buddy

troglodyte
HSC
Valeroso said:
Yesterday it is! I always thought my extension teacher had a crush on me (or maybe it was vice versa) so it surprises me that she arranged our wedding - though English teachers are traditionally born ambiguous, I suppose I should already be used to the countless plot twists that occur here and there. Oh well, marriage life here I come! I see you've already gained a level of autonomy and sense of self after our marriage - I am proud of you! Though now my Finnish friend may want to be the best man - is there such thing as having two best men? If there is, feel free to have two maid of honours! Breaking convention is teh r0x!

Ah, this is my punishment for taking a while to respond. (I was trying to resolve the argument that my Finnish and Italian friend got involved in, you see?) May you catch the gingerbread man and until next time my fair lady! Adieu adieu!

EDIT: Aww, I posted my 100th message on these forums on you! Feel priviledged!

(oh I do, I feel honoured)

The gingerbread man is caught, and your Finnish and Italian friends can merge, start a new culture of Finnalian, and then our best man problem is solved. As for the wedding, which, according to us, happened days ago, my father would like me to inform you that the proposed dowry was a fake, and haha you aren't getting anything, 'sept a few chickens and a goat. But I expect they'll make a good dinner.

EDIT: I've just had word that my Russian friend wants to be the second maid of honour, therefore there is no need to merge your friends. Although an Italian torso with those sturdy Finnish legs... mmm.... anyway hubby, who shall we pair together? Never know, we could go all Jane and Lizzy on them, and have a double wedding. again. :-S

Last edited:

Bobby George

HSC
I loved the essay question- very esay to enwtine with whatever you wanted to say- i said that the individual can break free to a certain extent- but social expectation prevails in teh end.
i hated the creative picture- after writing two pages of crap, i had a brain wave and tweked a letter that a pastor was writing to his wife from "im leaving the church" to a letter writing about anti semitism and racism and sexism in the 19th century, he was leaving the church to join a radical group - the Christian Classical movement.
but yeah, i wish we had last years creative question- which was so good.
wrote 12 for essay, 8 for creative (plus i have no idea how ppl can write like 20+ pages per essay in an hour- you write very largely, because i was flat strap trying to write 12 in 1hr 10mins)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)