Individual project (1 Viewer)

Gangels

HSC
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good individual performance. I was thinking Spike miligan but im finding it difficult to write a script for it

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
well i cant think of anything right now, plus i dont really know you, so i guess the best thing you could do would be to make some firm decisions about what you do and dont want to do. Do you want to write your own script or base your performance around an existing text/s? What "types" of characters are you interested in? (eg eccentric old men, cowboys, famous people, myths and legends, etc etc) what performance styles are you good at/interested in? are you better at comedy work or more dramatic/serious performances? consider your performance space and how you can work with it. What are your strengths and weaknesses? If you can answer those questions you may be able to narrow down your options until you can pick one particular character or idea to explore. If you want to write your own script, make sure you pick something that you will like to write about and not struggle too much with; you need to dedicate more time to your actual performance. Or if you decide to use a play or novel or film or whatever, as the basis, read/view as widely as you can with an emphasis on texts that display the ideas or types of character you're after. With the Spike Miligan thing: if you really want to do that but cant write your own script for it, are there any books or films or plays or anything like that which you could use for inspiration?obviously you can still include your own material but if you're having trouble, start with something pre written and see where that takes you, idea-wise. hope that helps some.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)