• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Individual Projects 2004 (1 Viewer)

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
:eek: oh wow....
a hermaphrodite........thats .. different..... hahha..
im ... still lazing round on my fat bum.... /1... but nah... im doing bits and pieces.. many from david campton plays... no weird characters yet...
oh! but i AM closer to having my teacher strangle me!

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Okay guys, need a favour for one of my friends. He is doing Set Design and has been in hospital for about a month with some really bad thing that he won't tell me about (!!). So he is a bit behind in his work. Any possiblility that there is a student out there doing Design and have summaries for all the suggested/set plays? It would help him greatly and I'd like to cheer him up.

PM me if you have ANYTHING!

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
*groanz*:eek:
arghhhh!!!no more khalua slices! i ate the rest of the packet from skool!! argh! no more chocolate for me!
guess what? im kinda changing my mind again...... :mad1:
im such an idiot

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
HSC
Hahahha. My friends came around and I ate 5 Tia Maria Tim Tams and like a whole packet of Kahula slices. I proceeded to be ill several hours later...
Trust me.

Don't change our mind tooo MUCH!!!!

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
HSC
Ahhh. This is bliss. The play that I got my monologue from finally arrived in the post today from America...I had to order it...and there are some ammmaaazzziiing ideas from it already. But I have a question...

Do you think it would be wrong to use a recording of my voice (to use as like a thoughts thingy) at the beginning. It would go for about 40 seconds. As the recording would go. I'd be lying on a surgical table kinda....reacting to my own voice.

I just heard that using lots of sound is not liked.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I don't think you can do that Skillo. Coz it's supposed to be you performing the whole way through. I don't think they allow recordings or music.

But hey, you could still be lying on the table and talking, I guess. I'm really not good at performance, so i can't help you out here!

Fire Sprite

umm i think you can use recordings if it is appropriate...a friend of mine who got a band 6 in drama used music throughout hers? Maybe just double check what recorded pieces are accepted, im intending to open my performance with a piece of music. :confused:

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
im not quite sure if they doi allow it... but ive heard that they prefer the least amount possible... because in the end, they're judging you as a performer.YOUR performance.... not some fancy lightning, or some professional sounding sfx..-i know im exaggerating here- i think its to make it fair for those students who might be disadvantaged for they dont have the facilities or equipment or blah blah blah... my point is, maybe yes ..... or maybe no! hahaha... check with your teacher.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Okay, my aust theatre drama teacher told me this... your performance will be judged on you... not on your space, lighting, sound, costume, etc. what they will do is pretend your out in the middle of George St and see if you can create the same meaning! So there allowed, but you shouldnt RELY on them.

Fire Sprite

just checked the marking guidelines for performance. Music and sound effects are allowed but only those "essential to the works meaning"....so yeah i know we kinda cleared this up already but just dont be reliant...which is weird cos the monologue this friend of mine did was centred partly around a piece of music so couldnt have really worked without it. :confused:
eh, ah well!

Fire Sprite

She's done it. Completed the HSC in 2002. She did extremely well, band 6 a mark of 96 seems to ring a bell, not entirely sure though. But yeah she was a high band 6 ... abosolutely AMAZING performance...gave you chills.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)