indiviual performance (1 Viewer)

kalinda

HSC
hey i need some inspiration for my ip which is performance. im lookin to do a dramatic, serious piece. i would like to write my own monologue maybe someone can suggest a character or scenario i could start off with
any help would be great

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Okay.. we all have a favourite book, a character in that book who we always escape to, who we become... become them on stage...

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
a piece of advice if you really do intend on creating a performance which is "dramatic" and "serious".... DO NOT BE TOO OVERDRAMATIC.. that is unless you purposely wish for it to be portrayed in that way.... if the "dramatic" you wanted was the heartwrenching-gonna-make-me-cry type, dont overdo emotions. you dont want it ending up looking like youve watched too many episode of passions or the bold and the beautiful-preferably passions....classic, very classic!
emotions are very powerful things... remember that..and every little movement and inch of your body conveys an emotion.... so beware!

sez_04

HSC
remember a character you liked from previous readings n base it round them ... but overplay the serious as it mite not work ... good luck!!

kalinda

HSC
thanks for all the suggestions they are really helpful and ill put them to good use

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)