Indochina 2007 HSC Question (1 Viewer)

0hNivlek

HSC
Question 16 Option C

16) Assess the conseqyence of the Vietnamese victory against the French for Indochina in the periods 1954-1964.

I am extremely lost at the moment after being given this homework essay due next week. Right now i'm using a variety of sources to answer this though i am still pretty lost. I'm aware that this question was from the first syllabus dot point: consequences of the Vietnamese victory against the french!

My question is, does this question also cover the second dotpoint which is; consequences of the Geneva Peace Agreement for the Vietnamese people to 1964? Because i can't seem to answer the question much with just the first point. I'm just afraid i'm not addressing the question properly. The marking guidelines were a bit ambiguous too.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

jellybelly59

HSC
This is just a hunch but i think yes. why? because Assess requires you to make links and relationships with other events and the Geneva conference Agreement which originally focused on the Korean war shifted to that of Vietnam because of the battle of Dien Bien Phu and so on and so on. Just started this topic ( i think were behind :() so that's all i can assist you ... sorry

0hNivlek

HSC
Lol! We haven't started the topic yet but we got this assessment due first friday back. -_-, so lost since i don't know the background and stuff.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Thomas Cantwell is the one that has written textbooks for both Pacific and Indochina iirc.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Woah i did Indochina in year 11 for modern and got this exact question for my prelim exams oO

Yes, include the Geneva Peace Agreement as it is quite a large consequence. Try and get your hands on Key Features of Modern History by Dennet as it explains it quite well :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)